Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going away for two weeks tomorrow and I thought I would have my period by now but I don't. I can't decide whether to wait or to start taking tablets to delay it for the whole two weeks I'm away

Period
    The main thing about this is having to change my tampon every few hours or so.
    Also wouldn't wear white jeans or white denim skirt during it as would worry about leakage!
    Don't know when its going to come so might be worried during a day out.

Delayed period
    Would have to take a tablet morning, afternoon and evening for the whole two weeks. (Not sure if this is just as annoying as having to change a tampon!? )
    Would be able to wear a bikini more comfortably ALTHOUGH I'm not expecting it to be hot where I'm going so might not sunbathe and prob won't swim.
    I know its not natural to delay your period etc etc etc.

Please help me! I'm so indecisive and don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    I delayed mine for a week, did get a bit tedious taking the pills but I would have much preferred that inconveniece than the period.

ReputationRep:
    If taking the tablets would fit in with your routine then it wouldn't be a problem would it? Otherwise if could be annoying and you would have to do it for two weeks where as your period would be much shorter.

ReputationRep:
    I've just taken the tablets for a week when I went away to Ibiza- didn't really inconvenience me that much I just took one at each meal.

ReputationRep:
    I always delay mine if it coincides with my holiday. Taking a tablet a few times in the day really doesn't cause an inconvenience as much as a period does.
    With a period you have the stress of it all as well as the hassle so all in all I think you're best just taking the tablets. Just take them when you eat and you'll hardly notice it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would choose to delay. To be fair I only used to do it for a few days at a time so it wasn't too annoying. But I agree that taking the pills would be less annoying/inconvinient than being on/worrying about being on your period!

ReputationRep:
    I've delayed my period 3 or 4 times in the past so would it be ok to do it again this time?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm sure it would be. I don't think there is a limit. But you could probably find out by asking a pharmacist or it might say on the information leaflet that comes with the tablets

ReputationRep:
    I'd just go along with it!
    I'm pretty annoyed at old mother nature for landing my period on me, the day I go on holiday and teamed with a 8 hour car/ferry journey.
    I'm nervous too, because I've promised to go swimming 3 times, and I don't know when its gonna be here
    Damn things...

ReputationRep:
    These threads make me want a hysterectomy.

ReputationRep:
    are you not on the pill? once a day is all you need with that, nothing wrong with delaying it, i've done it plenty of times, especially when i've er been on holiday with a boy.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd delay it but how heavy are your periods? Because if they're quite short and light it might be worth just putting up with it for a few days. It's up to you though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Your problem is that you should start three or four days before your period is due; take it now and you could get awful cramps and lots of spotting (been there, got the t-shirt).

Your period will only be a few days; just get on with it.

I delay mine when ever something ''big'' is in the way, ie holiday, dance shows. I can't say its ever been an inconvenience to me. I'd rather take the pills each day, then having to change every few hours and feeling crap on holiday.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.