Turn on thread page Beta

Why don't I have feelings for anyone? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do anymore. I had an awful breakup in November with a guy who i was madly in love with but who treated me awfully. This messed me up very badly and caused me to sink into depression to which i have to see a counsellor about in september when i go back to uni. But since then I have done the usual breakup stuff makeover etc and going the gym a lot to help my depression but I just don't fancy anyone anymore. I've also lost any interest in having sex again. I want to get my life back on track and have had loads and loads of guys come on to me but i always turn them down. I don't understand why, i just don't find them attractive at all even though i love their personalities and they are decent guys who would treat me right. The only guys i have ever liked in the past are the ones who turn out bad. It takes a lot for me to like someone anyway, but surely by now i would have a crush on someone? My friends and family are starting to question why i don't just go for someone but i the thought of doing stuff with these people turns my stomach.

ReputationRep:
    i was the same after i was cheated on by my boyfriend at the time.

it took me... 2 years to get over it all, and in that time i didnt feel anything for anyone... no seemed attractive to me.

But it turns out it was just me getting over all the stuff that i had to get through.

I've been with my current boyfriend now for almost 3 years... i got over it all. it just took me some time.

Don't rush yourself - it'll come back with time.

ReputationRep:
    this is normal. dont worry hon.. it will get back on track after a while, there is no saying when or how. it will just happen.
    it is better to be like this for a while, remain cold inside for a bit. you will warm up again soon.
    it took me 12 months after my last serious breakup to find a man attractive again or even consider the idea of dating.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the Advice i hope i will eventually like someone again. just at the min, with some people i get chatting to someone as see them as a friend and then they tell me they like me, i just don't want them around me. Im hoping the counselling will help me with this as well.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it was unusual. I think many people (including myself) do go through phases (am single, btw) of not being attracted to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm single and not attracted to anyone right now. Not much of a libdo going either. So I doubt what you're feeling is abnormal. Give it time and you'll come around and be shaging like rabbits sometime in the future.

ReputationRep:
    in before someone mentions asexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Because you don't know me yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny23563)
    in before someone mentions asexuality.
    No i'm not asexual, i've had crushes and have gone out with several men before, it's just now, it's like i want to like someone,maybe not neccessarily to go out with, but it's just nice to have a crush. i just can't, i can't see myself being with any of these people, i've gone on dates and i just don't feel anything when i'm with the person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbyjohannah)
    who treated me awfully.
    How did he treat you bad ?

ReputationRep:
    Just take your time, your still 'grieving' for the relationship. It'll come with time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    How did he treat you bad ?
    Erm we kept having an on off relationship because he kept breaking up with me saying he doesn't want a relationship, then wanting me back, but basically making no effort then i caught him cheating on me so we broke up and a few weeks later he gets with his current gf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbyjohannah)
    Erm we kept having an on off relationship because he kept breaking up with me saying he doesn't want a relationship, then wanting me back, but basically making no effort then i caught him cheating on me so we broke up and a few weeks later he gets with his current gf.

I'm sorry
    Though from what you mentioned he doesn't seem to be a great guy , I think you should get over him easily instead of being so fragile. He doesn't seem to be worth all this ...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)

I'm sorry
    Though from what you mentioned he doesn't seem to be a great guy , I think you should get over him easily instead of being so fragile. He doesn't seem to be worth all this ...:rolleyes:
    I know he's not, which is why i want to be living my life again, rather than watch it pass by, part of that to me is dealing with the opposite sex. I mean i do go out sometimes and pull people, i go on dates, i keep busy with uni and friends and work, i exercise. i look after myself I don't know what else i can do really.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.