Turn on thread page Beta

After dumping someone, do you still think they are fit? watch

ReputationRep:
    Say you got with a guy but then dump him cos he cheated on you, or it just wasn't working out or you drifted apart or you didnt have much in common or you couldn't cope with a long distance relationhsip.

After you have dumped him, do you still think hes good looking and so fancy him (just his looks). Or do you stop thinking hes fit even if you dumped him for personality reasons?

ReputationRep:
    good q.

all my ex's that i had BAD breakups with as a result of THEIR personality defects are now super ugly in my eyes.

the ex's that i am on friendly terms with are still handsome in my eyes.

yes, it is the personality that makes the face.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes, but depends how the breakup was. Not so bad breakup, can still see that they're attractive but think am done with that person. Bad breakup, i wonder what i ever saw in them and think they're the ugliest human being alive. I'm a charmer

ReputationRep:
    Erm yah. If there was genuine attraction it usually doesn't fizzle away immediately (though sometimes it does).

ive not had a bad break up but all of my exs i still find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I still think all of my ex's are good looking. One of them got a bit ugly for a while, but then he finished uni and cleaned up his act and looks alright again lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why you wouldn't not find them attractive. I mean you went out with that person because you thought they were attractive so I don't see how breaking up can change that. But then again I've never been in a relationship so I don't really know :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    One of my exes is not attractive at all. It wasn't his looks that I liked him for, it was his personality. When I realised what a **** he really was, the attraction to his personality went away.

He told me afterwards that he didn't think I was even pretty, but I know that was a lie, because he had always said the first thing he noticed was my looks. I think he was just trying to make me feel bad.

I think unless it was a bad breakup, I'd still find him attractive, because ultimately, he's still the same.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its true, I went through a very bad breakup, and I don't even know what I saw in my ex, and think he was an ego-maniac who is self-centered, selfish, controlling and pig-headed.
    And it's true were all charmers here as well :rollseyes:

ReputationRep:
    yuhuh :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he is still a great person and I guess is good looking

ReputationRep:
    Um...most of the time if I stop liking someone I don't find them attractive anymore. If I'm on good terms with them I might be able to acknowledge that someone else could find them fit...but for me it just goes away.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.