Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    a left-wing nut are you?
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Lol you just got called a left wing nut :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    forced tolerance
    Yeah, **** that! Let's have forced intolerance instead!

That's much more moral in every way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    I'm an atheist as well, but if people want to believe in God I don't see why not, it's their choice. A few of the 'pointless' traditions is exactly what makes some countries interesting (though dangerous ones should go e.g. like footbinding did). Forcing people to believe in a "state religion" would be more controlling than any of the other ones.
    I also think the country should toughen up e.g. with prison sentences, benefits and the education system, just not to the extent that people fear everything.
    That could be very true. However, i see no real reason to hang on to it - its values are outdated ridiculously;

This may be out of context, but the persecution of homosexuals is quite frankly disgraceful in that ragtag fiction book of the bible. The notion of women being inferior is also ridiculous as well!

and i am a straight male.

Just as this whole cult idealogy of "I am the only path to heaven" etc etc

My concept of religion is a bit different however - it is basically instilling common morals into children, and reaffirming a few others such as anti-paedophilia etc, crime being immoral etc

There is no God in this "religion", just rather a recap on the basic human emotions and compassion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    That could be very true. However, i see no real reason to hang on to it - its values are outdated ridiculously;

This may be out of context, but the persecution of homosexuals is quite frankly disgraceful in that ragtag fiction book of the bible. The notion of women being inferior is also ridiculous as well!

My concept of religion is a bit different however - it is basically instilling common morals into children, and reaffirming a few others such as anti-paedophilia etc, crime being immoral etc

There is no God in this "religion", just rather a recap on the basic human emotions and compassion
    Crime is immoral? I suppose civil disobedience is not your forte then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    pfft, i have left-wing tinges as well here and there. im not a Nazi or Nick Griffin.

whats wrong with excessive taxation? If they want to indulge in something that costs the state, and prohibition would have no chance of stopping, then you might as well get the most money out of it as possible - its only logical.

Right to privacy? this is all in public - im not going on the ridiculous mission of putting cameras in peoples homes - they would be tampered with, expensive, unmonitorable and the logistics wouldnt work.

And how would you know? Harold Shipman (a horrible, twisted man) was once a competent doctor - without hindsight, would you have suspected him? Not to mention the countless crimes that CCTV has helped with in bringing to justice

And by work for the unemployed, i mean those with no skills, or in prison - i am basically giving them a job, so they can benefit the state, society and themselves.

Extremely low tolerance? what, giving the unskilled jobs and a better prospect? giving every race an oppurtunity to prosper?

you make it seem like im some sort of Extreme Right-Wing crackpot - i am simply targetting the weak areas of society for an overall improvement.

Hmm. Again, everything has its follies. but how many particular cases of this have happened? as much as you would hate to admit it, CCTV isnt run by perverts who have nothing better to do than hunt children down - no, they are basically keeping the neighbourhoods safe, identifying criminals and the like

hmm, you might want to reconsider your stance on my idealogy being of a tyrant

i am simply for this; The Good do well, The Mendable in Society are given an equal chance and the Bad get punished

nothing tyrannous about this - rather, more common sense.

I think alot of what you say i agree with, as long as this society of ultra regulation is combined with alot of regulation of the regulators and
    freedom in most areas, in the case of religion, im surprised anyone can still believe in such superstition still.

ReputationRep:
    who is going to be Il Duce?

Why do many have a problem with benefits - so what if a few lazybones are lazy - they're getting peanuts per annum and living a miserable existence most probably. It's not something to be jealous of.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Yeah, **** that! Let's have forced intolerance instead!

That's much more moral in every way.
    no i was thinking more of drifting towards acceptance

if you didnt take it out of context, then you'll see i have a very left-wing social stance that everyone is created equally, immigrant or not

i was talking about political correctness and its forced blanket - my idea was to have a better education so we would learn to accept the people in society instead of feeling "forced" to tolerate their behaviour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    who is going to be Il Duce?

Why do many have a problem with benefits - so what if a few lazybones are lazy - they're getting peanuts per annum and living a miserable existence most probably. It's not something to be jealous of.

squish.
    Lol if there living a miserable existance, then work can give them a more positive outlook on life!

its not like every lot of work has to be back-breaking, it can be as simple as the labour front (even if i dislike Hitlers idealogy, he did have some good ideas (NOT ANY RACIST ONES))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    Lol if there living a miserable existance, then work can give them a more positive outlook on life!

its not like every lot of work has to be back-breaking, it can be as simple as the labour front (even if i dislike Hitlers idealogy, he did have some good ideas (NOT ANY RACIST ONES))
    Well, are you proposing a system like in Cuba?

Where people are 'employed' by the state just to open shop doors to let people in?: Or are just employed in holdin up signs? Or as ushers who 'direct' you to the cashier when you enter a bank branch? These are jobs that don't really need doing.

It may provide people with more 'self-esteem'. They can also be encouraged to volunteer (i.e. work for free - but still receive benefits).

The problema with getting people to do full-time work like that is that el gobierno (the govt) will still have to pay them at min. wage (£5.52/hr) and if they are working 37 hours per week then this will mean significantly higher demands on the welfare state.

Remember that the govt. has opted to SPEND Al-UK's way out of el recession so this means further budget deficits, weakened sterling, national debt approaching £1,200,000,000,000 - i.e. 79% of Gross Domestic Product!

squish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)

I agree that's awful, but thankfully we saw sense and now in most developed countries everyone's got over that (or are making effort to, anyway). Even recently even the Pope announced that having children out of wedlock is OK. Most of the unfair/radical stuff in religions is finished, so people follow them in a way to just live their life well - e.g. 10 commandments. Even if you don't believe in God (which many nowadays don't), you can't say the 10 commandments and similar rules are a bad way to live by. Most religions now, apart from the praying, are essentially common morals that everyone follows. Besides, we can't prove/disprove religion so trying to cut them all out and enforce atheism is just as unfair as trying to enforce religion - as you have no concrete reason as to why either is true, it's just your personal beliefs. Commo morals I agree with, but most (hopefully) get taught that by their parents or at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    no i was thinking more of drifting towards acceptance

if you didnt take it out of context, then you'll see i have a very left-wing social stance that everyone is created equally, immigrant or not

i was talking about political correctness and its forced blanket - my idea was to have a better education so we would learn to accept the people in society instead of feeling "forced" to tolerate their behaviour
    Total balls. Out of context? Hardly.

You talk about creating a state religion to "keep control of the masses". Of demolishing ALL other religions. That's forced intolerance (and far more forced than anything you could come up with that goes on today) and, I must say, quite ironic considering one of the most backward of all practices, and the most odious aspects of religion, is exactly that. (Followed closely of course by the notion of worship altogether.)

I don't care how "left wing" you think your social stance is, you're an utter totalitarian. "Educating" people into a stance, in the social environment that you would have, is tantamount to forcing them into it. It's brainwashing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    Well, are you proposing a system like in Cuba?

Where people are 'employed' by the state just to open shop doors to let people in?: Or are just employed in holdin up signs? Or as ushers who 'direct' you to the cashier when you enter a bank branch? These are jobs that don't really need doing.

It may provide people with more 'self-esteem'. They can also be encouraged to volunteer (i.e. work for free - but still receive benefits).

The problema with getting people to do full-time work like that is that el gobierno (the govt) will still have to pay them at min. wage (£5.52/hr) and if they are working 37 hours per week then this will mean significantly higher demands on the welfare state.

Remember that the govt. has opted to SPEND Al-UK's way out of el recession so this means further budget deficits, weakened sterling, national debt approaching £1,200,000,000,000 - i.e. 79% of Gross Domestic Product!

squish!
    No. Whatever needs doing such as Industrial Work, Farming, Road Projects, Litter Pickers, Cheap Manual Labour, Medical Testing...etc

Proper Jobs. The state shouldnt pay them to sit on their arse and just watch people who contribute.

Well it depends, maybe they have to work FOR their benefits, or simply get unpaid but get free accomadtion and regular food FOR working

ReputationRep:
    I do actually agree lol, even Plato said democracy is rubbish.

However, dictatorships all fail eventually so we'd be plunged into further chaos

ReputationRep:
    If the British government was a dictatorship it would be isolated in world politics, thus reducing our standing as a nation. Any country which wishes to maintain high standing in the world in this modern era cannot afford to be isolated. If Britain was to abandon democracy in favour of a dictatorship it would be shunned, in particular by the west. Non democratic countries that receive international acceptance tend to be those which have no history of democracy.

And in terms of quality of life, Britain is in general a far nicer place to live than any undemocratic country that I can think of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Total balls. Out of context? Hardly.

You talk about creating a state religion to "keep control of the masses". Of demolishing ALL other religions. That's forced intolerance (and far more forced than anything you could come up with that goes on today) and, I must say, quite ironic considering one of the most backward of all practices, and the most odious aspects of religion, is exactly that. (Followed closely of course by the notion of worship altogether.)

I don't care how "left wing" you think your social stance is, you're an utter totalitarian. "Educating" people into a stance, in the social environment that you would have, is tantamount to forcing them into it. It's brainwashing.
    Yes. i would agree so.

obviously you misread my conception of a religion. basically hardwiring and reaffirming morals and a few additional ones to keep them under control etc, like less tolerance to violent behaviour, teach males to be more empathetic and more emotionally active (not basing this on stereotypes too much)

even though thats no religion, i was just using a metaphor. should really have been more clearer :facepalm:

oh so giving people morals is bad is it? well you might as well just paint a swastika on every cross you see on a church! except my "religion" doesnt bribe people with promises of "life after death" and "meeting your relatives in death" - as lovely dovey as that sounds, its bullsh*t and needs to be gotten rid of immediately - society should be able to progess, not cling to the 3rd rung from the bottom of a ladder

Put it this way; The technology that could advance our lives, cure the handicapped (stem cells) etc are al being hung back by cults that feed on the fear of death.

ReputationRep:
    This just sounds like the Nazi Party reborn. They did most of the things that he is suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youes25)
    If the British government was a dictatorship it would be isolated in world politics, thus reducing our standing as a nation. Any country which wishes to maintain high standing in the world in this modern era cannot afford to be isolated. If Britain was to abandon democracy in favour of a dictatorship it would be shunned, in particular by the west. Non democratic countries that receive international acceptance tend to be those which have no history of democracy.

And in terms of quality of life, Britain is in general a far nicer place to live than any undemocratic country that I can think of.
    Yes. which is why i maintain a neutralist policy where we wont be required to go to war over interests of other nations

and what is changing to a reasonable dictatorship going to do? if it changed to a Hitler-esque dictatorship, i would understand, but my idea is of this idealogy is to be based on a perfect, equal society - not persectution of a particular group, that is completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    We are far too weak as a country, and political correctness, forced tolerance (Due to a lack of education, Religious intervention and Political Correctness) etc have gone too far

First, is the issue of crime - we should bring back ironic punishments - e.g. forcing shoplifters to pay a 10000% fine of the value in good they have stolen This would kill the economy you noob. Alcohol should be raised up to 21, Weed should be legalised and taxed rigoursly Again, that would kill the economy, you noob, as with Tobbaco and alcohol; Paedophilia, Beastality and other forms of lewd sexual practises should be discouraged through rigourous propaganda and mind therapy What do you know about psychology, noob?, to prevent any disgusting acts happening to the innocent

Second is Religion - They should all be demolished to make way for a state religion, to keep the masses under control and to get rid of the shackles of backward practises, idiocity and unscientific assumptions Woo, hypocrisy much?- human society must progress and leave "traditions" in the past where they should have stayed 1000 years ago. Hypocrisy much?

Thirdly, is the issue of immigration - instead of punishing the often or not, hard-working immigrants, we should be forcing everyone on benefits to be working in labour camps for food and housing - for too long we are bowing down to the demands of the lazy, who scapegoat the hardworking; this must stop - however, immigrants are also subject to this if they suffer from laziness and stupidity Care to elaborate, my friend?.

Fourthly, the Police should be given much more power - they should have the ability to wield lethal weapons, much more CCTV, a much larger force, no paperwork and the army will be integrated into a state protection unit

Lastly, anyone convicted of a crime no longer has their rights as humans - anyone who trespasses on another mans property is subject to the property owner.
    Edited your post with replies. Man, I'm sorry for you... I know it seems fuzzy and secure doing all of that, but it ain't gonna work. Open your eyes. You're a human, not a dumb ass. Or are you? Not gonna reply with the same ignorance though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    No. Whatever needs doing such as Industrial Work, Farming, Road Projects, Litter Pickers, Cheap Manual Labour, Medical Testing...etc

Proper Jobs. The state shouldnt pay them to sit on their arse and just watch people who contribute.

Well it depends, maybe they have to work FOR their benefits, or simply get unpaid but get free accomadtion and regular food FOR working
    OK, if a benefit claimant receiving £50/week worked, then the maximum amount of paid work they could do would be approx 9 hours (assuming they are paid at the minimum wage of £5.52/hr).

People who volunteer cannot be FORCED to volunteer - if they want to they will, if they don't want to, they won't.

In a capitalist society (i.e. the one we live in now) - there HAS to be more people than there are jobs - hence why you COMPETE for any job. If there were more jobs that needed doing than people then people could demand excessively high pay and you would get wage inflation.

The only 2 countries in the world with 0% unemployment are, guess, which - Cuba and North Korea!

In the UK unemployment is expected to reach 11.2%. Granted, the public sector would need to be 'expanded' in order to offset this rise in redundancies though again, it is difficult to see jobs which are pointless being created.

£50/week is considered minimal and the govt. cannot be seen to be letting benefit claimants starve - it would almost provide justification for them to commit crimes such as theft if they were in such a position. I assure you that living of £50/week cannot be luxurious and there is barely money to travel or buy educational books with this.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    This just sounds like the Nazi Party reborn. They did most of the things that he is suggesting.
    :facepalm: do you see any bullsh*t about racial idealogy in there?

this is based on a perfect, equal society, but with tougher regulations to ensure that this can maintain a reality

If you didnt look at my 3rd point, instead of reverting to a Nazist Xenophobic state, i chose that immigrants, in fact all people are equal in the eyes of the law

If your talking about the atheist thing, There was a Concordant Between the Catholic Church and the Nazis; doesnt seem so clean now does it?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.