Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie_90)
    Have you ever read the book 1984 by any chance?
    He has probably just read the last page before posting this thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    :facepalm: do you see any bullsh*t about racial idealogy in there?

this is based on a perfect, equal society, but with tougher regulations to ensure that this can maintain a reality

If you didnt look at my 3rd point, instead of reverting to a Nazist Xenophobic state, i chose that immigrants, in fact all people are equal in the eyes of the law

If your talking about the atheist thing, There was a Concordant Between the Catholic Church and the Nazis; doesnt seem so clean now does it?
    I wasn't talking about religion. I'm talking about the medical experiments and the labour camps. It sounds a bit Nazi like. I want a tougher Britain but I don't want it to go back to fascism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    OK, if a benefit claimant receiving £50/week worked, then the maximum amount of paid work they could do would be approx 9 hours (assuming they are paid at the minimum wage of £5.52/hr).

People who volunteer cannot be FORCED to volunteer - if they want to they will, if they don't want to, they won't.

In a capitalist society (i.e. the one we live in now) - there HAS to be more people than there are jobs - hence why you COMPETE for any job. If there were more jobs that needed doing than people then people could demand excessively high pay and you would get wage inflation.

The only 2 countries in the world with 0% unemployment are, guess, which - Cuba and North Korea!

In the UK unemployment is expected to reach 11.2%. Granted, the public sector would need to be 'expanded' in order to offset this rise in redundancies though again, it is difficult to see jobs which are pointless being created.

£50/week is considered minimal and the govt. cannot be seen to be letting benefit claimants starve - it would almost provide justification for them to commit crimes such as theft if they were in such a position. I assure you that living of £50/week cannot be luxurious and there is barely money to travel or buy educational books with this.

squish.
    Yes, but im not giving them money for them working.

Im giving them free (existing) housing, suffecient meals and water to keep on going. without their benefits, they will want to volunteer to get these essentials - the promise of a definite security is very powerful indeed.

Hmm yes but im keeping the competitive jobs for the HIGH-END of society - the low-end jobs i dont really see the need for competition, especially seeing as there will be enough jobs, just not the more...normal jobs

Of course the jobs arent going to be pointless - they can be volunteering for medical research, which could create a cure for cancer (HYPOTHETICAL), and save the lives and reduce costs of having all the previous treatment

Of course, there is always the armed forces...if we are to win this war, regardless of my nuetral stance, we might as well kill two (or three if you count the benefit/unemployed together) birds with one stone - get it over and done with and reduce the unemployed AND people on benefits

Well, there is always the more controversial method of having those without a job go on volunteer/charity work in foreign countries such as africa, teach them etc - any level of education is good enough

£50 a week for doing nothing shouldnt stand though - they should be out doing something.

ReputationRep:
    Is this a joke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    I wasn't talking about religion. I'm talking about the medical experiments and the labour camps. It sounds a bit Nazi like. I want a tougher Britain but I don't want it to go back to fascism.
    Medical experiments are in terms of Life-saving drugs etc, not Nazi experiments with no human value or very dangerous and pointless experiments - under no circumstances should there be killing of innocents, unless they resist the law in such a manner

The labour camps however are from hitlers manifesto, but i dont see how they can be a bad thing - they gave people employment, joy to work, and in the right hands can only be beneficial

its only if the state has warped ideas that a good idea goes wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    its only if the state has warped ideas that a good idea goes wrong
    All states have warped ideas, especially dictatorships.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everybody agreeing with this? Wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    Yes. which is why i maintain a neutralist policy where we wont be required to go to war over interests of other nations

and what is changing to a reasonable dictatorship going to do? if it changed to a Hitler-esque dictatorship, i would understand, but my idea is of this idealogy is to be based on a perfect, equal society - not persectution of a particular group, that is completely wrong.
    OK, lets assume that the British people do not suffer as a result of this dictatorship and that we as a country maintain a neutralist policy. I accept this is not outside the realms of possibility.

Even so, it is likely that other western countries, in particular America, would seek to isolate Britain on the global stage, because of the perceived loss of liberty that its citizens had suffered. Many British would not abandon their right to vote lightly either, and it would take strong action by the state to subdue the likely rebellion that would ensue. This could easily be interpreted by the international community as behaviour indicative of a government with no interest in its people, no matter how far from the truth this is.

You should remember too, that Britain has the oldest parliament in the English speaking world and is seen as having been one of the principal countries to have participated in the forwarding of democracy as method of government. For these reasons, other western democracies would likely see any change in political system on Britain's part as holding dangerous precedent (remember many believe in the liberal, democratic state as an ideology) in that it might encourage other nations to follow suit. As a result there would likely be a broad coalition of democratic nations that would encourage strong political action against Britain, which would be more damaging in an age when the state is so closely linked with global institutions. Whilst we might not face any kind of military hostility, Britain would face economic and diplomatic sanctions that would severely weaken our country. We would be an isolated and severely weakened nation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    All states have warped ideas, especially dictatorships.
    But a labour camp/drive?

admittedly, i hate most, if not all of Hitlers Policies, but this one does seem to make sense when getting employment

But at worst Labour Camps can only really tire people out or cause injury to be honest - my idea of a dictatorship isnt one of radical change, but more focused on security and the wellbeing of those who contribute to society in a good way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    But a labour camp/drive?

admittedly, i hate most, if not all of Hitlers Policies, but this one does seem to make sense when getting employment
    If you don't understand economics and think that you can just create jobs and force people into employment, please, read a book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamieraser)
    Is this a joke?
    Yes.

No.

But mostly yes, got bored and wanted to see if the stereotype about TSR being radically left wing is true in accordance to Encyclopedia Dramatica - seems it was somewhat correct lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    We are far too weak as a country, and political correctness, forced tolerance (Due to a lack of education, Religious intervention and Political Correctness) etc have gone too far

First, is the issue of crime - we should bring back ironic punishments - e.g. forcing shoplifters to pay a 10000% fine of the value in good they have stolen. Alcohol should be raised up to 21, Weed should be legalised and taxed rigoursly, as with Tobbaco and alcohol; Paedophilia, Beastality and other forms of lewd sexual practises should be discouraged through rigourous propaganda and mind therapy, to prevent any disgusting acts happening to the innocent

Second is Religion - They should all be demolished to make way for a state religion, to keep the masses under control and to get rid of the shackles of backward practises, idiocity and unscientific assumptions - human society must progress and leave "traditions" in the past where they should have stayed 1000 years ago.

Thirdly, is the issue of immigration - instead of punishing the often or not, hard-working immigrants, we should be forcing everyone on benefits to be working in labour camps for food and housing - for too long we are bowing down to the demands of the lazy, who scapegoat the hardworking; this must stop - however, immigrants are also subject to this if they suffer from laziness and stupidity.

Fourthly, the Police should be given much more power - they should have the ability to wield lethal weapons, much more CCTV, a much larger force, no paperwork and the army will be integrated into a state protection unit

Lastly, anyone convicted of a crime no longer has their rights as humans - anyone who trespasses on another mans property is subject to the property owner.

i suppose you'd be the dic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    I didn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumped_up_kid)
    i suppose you'd be the dic?
    nah i was taking the piss because i wanted to see how far the whole stereotype about TSR being radically left wing was true

I mean britain needs to pull its finger out and parliament needs to strengthen up, but 10000% fine and dissolving all religion?!

even the "right-wing totalitarian anti-theist nazi" that i am thinks thats a little extreme.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad this was a joke.. far more disappointed that so many people treated it seriously, and seriously agreed.
    Morons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    nah i was taking the piss because i wanted to see how far the whole stereotype about TSR being radically left wing was true
    oh right - didn't read the rest of the thread. if it was a satire or a social experiment then i like it.

though i would be surprised if you didn't come to the conclusion that the vast majorary on TSR hold dull, predictable broadly-left views, though few of them have any logic or conviction behind them, indeed most are vaguely anti-establishment or even "anarchist" because... you know... it makes them cool. but i would be surprised if there are a dozen people on here who have read Bakunin or Godwin.

in conclusion - dull, predictable, self-important w*nkers

ReputationRep:
    If your not happy here go somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    i can smell a BNP supporter!

ReputationRep:
    dictatorship all the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmeenax)
    seconded.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.