Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting.

(Original post by DVDA)
    I always thought drug legalisation was primarily a left/liberarian policy, but that could just be political stereotyping
    Libertarianism is a very right-wing ideology, there is such a thing as a left libertarian but they're the ones being different.

A typical libertarian wants to dismantle the state in all areas, which means using the market over nationalisation as much as possible. Just look at my signature, that's the libertarian party - they're definitely not left-wing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Libertarianism is a very right-wing ideology, there is such a thing as a left libertarian but they're the ones being different.

A typical libertarian wants to dismantle the state in all areas, which means using the market over nationalisation as much as possible. Just look at my signature, that's the libertarian party - they're definitely not left-wing!
    hahaha oh dear that was a bit of a fail

i always assumed libertarian meant social liberty, which i always associate with the left spectrum

:facepalm: :o: :o: :facepalm:

(Original post by DVDA)
    hahaha oh dear that was a bit of a fail

i always assumed libertarian meant social liberty

:facepalm: :o: :o: :facepalm:
    That's half of it, I'm very socially liberal, as are all members of LPUK. So its fair enough that you thought that.

However economically we oppose state intervention (which is what it means to be socially liberal if you think about it.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    That's half of it, I'm very socially liberal, as are all members of LPUK. So its fair enough that you thought that.

However economically we oppose state intervention (which is what it means to be socially liberal if you think about it.)
    yeah, it doesnt look too bad actually, it doesnt have the arrogance of the conservative party (wherever thats just due to david cameron i dont know)

but apprently im "Illiberal" and is more suited to the...Labour party :O

but the conservatives as well, which isnt too bad (once they get rid of that pompous fool)

(Original post by DVDA)
    yeah, it doesnt look too bad actually, it doesnt have the arrogance of the conservative party (wherever thats just due to david cameron i dont know)

but apprently im "Illiberal" and is more suited to the...Labour party :O

but the conservatives as well, which isnt too bad (once they get rid of that pompous fool)
    I don't like that liberal test on the website, they ask some of their most controversial points where most people will vote against LPUK policy, e.g. minimum wage laws and gun laws. If they asked about issues like drugs instead I think more people would get a liberal result.

And the tories are better than labour, but I agree that Cameron is awful. The conservatives aren't any real solution to me however, they're too well known and too populist - they say what people want to hear these days rather than actually believing in any true cause. But then again they're far more likely to go anywhere than LPUK!

(Original post by Joseph90)
    A few of your ideas had semi-logical reasons behind them and I would have wanted to give a serious answer if it wasn't for this last paragraph.
    Funnily enough, that was the only part I partially agreed with.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is a troll thread right I can't be bothered to read the other 6 pages so I read the title and assumed it's a troll

ReputationRep:
    you, my friend the OP, are either one a wind up (a spectacularly bad one at that) or have no brain ceels to speak of at all.

ReputationRep:
    We, as a country, are manifestly inefficient. This is countlessly depicted in the media. But to even consider a partly totalitarian ruling is ludacris. It would ultimately conclude a higher ineffiency than before. Unworkable - greatly due to the social structure of the nation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)
    Second is Religion - They should all be demolished to make way for a state religion, to keep the masses under control and to get rid of the shackles of backward practises, idiocity and unscientific assumptions - human society must progress and leave "traditions" in the past where they should have stayed 1000 years ago.
    A bit of contradiction there.

But on the other hand this would actually work in Britain because the vast majority would just submit since we are a lot more submissive than other countries like the French who would have started riots etc.

Obviously the OP is bringing up extreme policies to gather interest but the point that leaders' policies tend to be too concerned with pleasing the voters rather than doing what is right. Dictatorships always end sour though.

ReputationRep:
    So you raise alcohol to 21 yet legalise marijuana... At what age are you legal to smoke puff then?

Furthermore, by raising the age limit for alcohol you will then encourage even more under age drinking as younger generations will start to feel more hard done by. Would grandfather's rights be in place for those us of over 18 already?

Rigorous propaganda and mind control is not the way forward for said 'lewd' offences, your idea of ironic punishment would perhaps be more suited to this scenario, although the idea itself is very interesting. Mind control in its current form, e.g. subliminal messaging is about as far as I'd say it is tolerable.

Religion can't just be forgotten, too much has occurred and is occurring in the world for it to become obsolete over night and people will not be told what to think... This would lead to great opposition against the dictatorship and would create a huge divide between those that obey and those that do not... Define 'traditions', I'm just curious as to what you wish to progress from.

I like the labour camp idea to an extent, the only flaw would come from distinguishing between the truly needy and those who sponge (as is the current problem). Anyone who decides to claim because they are too lazy to work should indeed be put into situation where they are made to work or left with no income of any kind, placing them in a catch 22 situation.

I'm rather mixed as to how far I agree with the OP, it does have a slight reek of Marxism (in the respect of opiating the masses) and being quite a believer in tradition, I have to know what is meant by 'Traditions' before I can fully judge.

Anyway, that's my couple of pence! :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DVDA)

Your maths is flawed. This is 10000% in addition to the original price - 15p with 100% added would be 30p, and that times that total of 30p 10 times for 1000% is £3, and that times 10 for 10000% on the original value would be £30
    i wonder for what course you are applying for or where you work

by th pharase "This is 10000% in addition to the original price" it means that the fine is 101 time the original price which equals to 1515p=£15.15

(convert to decimal 10000/100=100
    add 1 cus you say in addition =101
    multiply 101* 15)

ReputationRep:
    Give 'ole Gordon a few years.

ReputationRep:
    Sh*t

ReputationRep:
    We are far too weak. we reinforce the idea that people are free to do as they like without consequences, and that is just sickening - they need to be brought under-control and stop bending over backward for the lazy and inconsiderate.

Your maths is flawed. This is 10000% in addition to the original price - 15p with 100% added would be 30p, and that times that total of 30p 10 times for 1000% is £3, and that times 10 for 10000% on the original value would be £30.

it is nowhere near too harsh
    Yeah, sorry about that. My maths was incredibly flawed. :p: However, £30 for something that was already 15p is still harsh. I'd assume that most stolen items would cost more than 15p.

and yes, very heavily taxed - we want to make money, not lose an oppurtunity to accumulate wealth for more worthier spending, rather than enforcement of prohibition.
    Fair enough, but the thing is, if people have the option of getting something illegally but cheaper or legally but REALLY expensive, I think a lot of people would go for the illegal so the economy would lose out anyway. I say legailse and tax, but tax an affordable/fair amount.

You misunderstand. We force a certain set of idealogy that should be reinforced in terms of human morality anyway - e.g. paedophilia is bad. we just want to have it stuck in their heads that they have to follow society, they arent allowed to go off at a tangent at other peoples expense.
    You were vague about what you meant. Although it seems what you're describing is the law (paediophilia is already illegal)...

People shouldnt have to work?! they bloody well should, they are holding back the rest of the honest civilians who are forced to foot the bill for these imbeciles. and yes stupidity is a disease - they choose not to work in life, they fall behind and they fail - that sounds pretty irrational to me.
    It's not that people shouldn't have to work, it's that people shouldn't be denied basic things like food, water and shelter, even if they don't work. We can't just leave people to die (at least, I don't think so). Also, what about the children of adults who refuse to work? It's hardly thh child's fault- should they be denied the means of survival because of circumstances beyond their control?

No. they are not trained to kill, but rather to gravely injure to prevent any more crime being commited - death is too good for criminals.
    So you suggest we injure criminals and not give them medical help? That would cause problems, but then giving them medical help if they were injured severely would be expensive.

in addition the fact that this isnt a ragtag force of mixed veiws - they will be loyal to a certain idealogy, much like the SA, but without the genocide and targets of particular groups - all groups are equal in the eyes of the law, including gender.
    The police are already loyal to the law, so I don't really understand what you're suggesting here.

Well if their innocent then they dont have anything to worry about then do they.
    Not necessarily, there are cases where people are wrongly prosecuted.

ReputationRep:
    i along with many people think the messages in those adverts saying ...we have the power to crush your car...report benefit fraud...theres nowhere to hide...its impossible to hide...,,,are disgraceful so i dont think the programmes you previously suggested will be easily accepted.we need alot more freedom not less.

This is Britain
    Voting registers go missing
    The Police can kill innocent people and get away with it
    You can be put in prison indefinitely on the word of a politician
    The State can torture people
    Your children are monitored at School by Political Officers
    Their behaviour is logged on a State database for their entire lives
    Your innocent fingerprints, iris scans and biometrics are held by the State
    You do not have the right to remain silent
    You are watched on 4 million CCTV cameras
    You may not photograph the Police
    You do not have the right to protest peacefully

Welcome to Big Brother Britain its all for your safety.

i have had enough

ReputationRep:
    That's an awful lot of power and responsibility concentrated into the hands of a few unaccountable...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.