Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need to gain weight and muscle quickly Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I'm rather skinny.

I need to gain quite abit of weight and bit of muscle fast from now until September/October.

Are there any good eating eating schedules, protein shakes - what would you reccomend.

How would i define/gain muscle in legs and also tone abs.

I'm basically a noob when it comes to this so gonna need all the guidance i can get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    Basically, I'm rather skinny.

I need to gain quite abit of weight and bit of muscle fast from now until September/October.

Are there any good eating eating schedules, protein shakes - what would you reccomend.

How would i define/gain muscle in legs and also tone abs.

I'm basically a noob when it comes to this so gonna need all the guidance i can get.
    Why've you double-posted this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Why've you double-posted this?
    I placed it in Fitness blogs last time....

ReputationRep:
    You aint gettin buff for uni.

Sorry, wont happen that quick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    You aint gettin buff for uni.

Sorry, wont happen that quick.
    Okay how would i begin this process...

ReputationRep:
    www.muscleandstrenth.com

tells you all you need to know. As you're a noob, you won't see results in time for freshers week. Impress the ladies another way!

ReputationRep:
    sorry, missed the g in strength

www.muscleandstrength.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)

lol cheers bro, I was probably being a little too optimistic about time scale - lol just need a little guidance

ReputationRep:

That site has a lot of useless crap.

ReputationRep:
    Start hitting the gym. As a n00b you can get away with a full body session 3 x a week.

More of a lifestyle change really as you wont achieve/keep any gains unless you stay dedicated to it.

Diet wise, just up your eating a bit, increase protein intake and get lots of good fats, carbs and fruit/veg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    That site has a lot of useless crap.
    Wouldn't agree with that; is a v.good site to get all the info on excercises, diet, workouts etc.

as one of the other replies stated, if you want to see some serious gains, you'll need to adopt weight training as part of your lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    It is not an easy thing to do, talking from experience, if you want to fill out it will take more time than a few months. You need to SUBSTANTIALLY increase the amount you are eating and lift very heavy weights with short reps at the gym.

ReputationRep:
    you can gain lots of weight by sept/oct but not much muscle

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't agree with that; is a v.good site to get all the info on excercises, diet, workouts etc.

as one of the other replies stated, if you want to see some serious gains, you'll need to adopt weight training as part of your lifestyle.
    theres too much crap about special workouts made by every other gym bunny thereis.

would be much better off with something like: ww.exrx.net

Or reading the sticky here.

they will all explain the basics on how to get started, as well as giving a couple of recommendations on what beginner workouts to do, and the diet stuff.

ReputationRep:
    as you are a noobie, you need to start with weight training excercises which will strengthen your muscles and get them ready for heavy lifting. You have to work in stages. If its only a fad to look good for uni, then i'd say there is no point. If you seriously want to achieve your ideal physique then be in it for the longterm (2 yrs plus). Join a gym and chat to other ppl training there, and you'll soon get into it.

ReputationRep:
    Gain fat circles at appropriate places and they'll look like muscles? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    look up a book called "Muscle" on amazon.

ReputationRep:
    look up a book called "Muscle" on amazon.
    that books good, if you know you're stuff.

it's also a bit pricey last time i checked (i 'borrowed' it from a friend)

but the workout plan seems really far in the way of excess, especially for a beginner.

if anything it's good to know physiology and technique for exercises, as well as getting the basics for nutrition and muscel development.

ReputationRep:
    the workouts in the books are from beginnner to advanced, three stages. The beginner is ideal for a noobie. Just make sure you know the excercises (from book, website, friend) and then the workout will hold you in good stead, giving you an excellent foundation for weight training.

There are a few other books which may suit you, however if you thinking of sticking with weight training long term, this book will be of great value.

ReputationRep:
    the workouts in the books are from beginnner to advanced, three stages. The beginner is ideal for a noobie. Just make sure you know the excercises (from book, website, friend) and then the workout will hold you in good stead, giving you an excellent foundation for weight training.

There are a few other books which may suit you, however if you thinking of sticking with weight training long term, this book will be of great value.

indeed, but he hardly uses a minimalist approach. half of its isolation coupled with compounds, which he should know is largely useless. and then you get all these exercises like thin tummy (never seen anyone doing that), all this single leg squats/deadlifts etc which require superior flexibility to be able to do right etc...

theres loads, and it's a LOT for a noobie to understand. when you could just go out and get starting strength which has barely any exercises (mainly squat dl, bench, rows and some shoulder work) and explains all you need to know as a noob.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.