Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need to gain weight and muscle quickly Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoshifumu)
    indeed, but he hardly uses a minimalist approach. half of its isolation coupled with compounds, which he should know is largely useless. and then you get all these exercises like thin tummy (never seen anyone doing that), all this single leg squats/deadlifts etc which require superior flexibility to be able to do right etc...

theres loads, and it's a LOT for a noobie to understand. when you could just go out and get starting strength which has barely any exercises (mainly squat dl, bench, rows and some shoulder work) and explains all you need to know as a noob.
    Yeh, I agree with you on the matter of the number of excercises in the workout. In that sense it could put a noobie off. Suppose they could start a simple compound excercise regime for a period to gain strength etc. However, I believe that coming back to this excercise book will hold a noobie in good stead. If a noobie is patient for results and willing to give it a go then it should provide excellent guidance material. In terms of the single legged excercises, they are used to provide a balance in both muscles of the limb thereby increasing strength and creating a stong foundation. I initially hated them (difficult to balance), but with practice will give good long term results.
    I believe this book is an excellent tool for anyone pursuing a long term weight training program.

There are several other books which may be just as good, but in my experience I have found this the best one. Anywayz, all the best Venom, hope you can get buffer in time for uni!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.