Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im quite inexperienced at 26 for my age with sex basically i havent had it! Im worried hwo a guy would react to this would it put him off or think there was something wrong with me?

ReputationRep:
    It'll be either "So?" or "I'm gonna bag me a virgin".

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way, would you really want to have sex with somebody who dares make a problem out of it?

If they don't like it then show them the door. The majority of people will not be put off by it, and those who are and think there is something wrong with you aren't worth sleeping with whether it's your first time or your 100th time.

ReputationRep:
    If you cant find someone that isnt going to make an issue out of it then tbf they are not worth your time, it wouldnt make a difference to me, and im sure it wouldnt to others.

There is nothing wrong with you, as im sure you have been told many a time on here.

ReputationRep:
    If they're looking for something long term with you then they won't mind, since they can help you learn. The only men I can imagine caring would be one night stand kinda guys which aren't worth your time anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who actually likes you won't care that much. What you want out of a new sex partner is not that he or she be extremely experienced (though that's nice) but that he or she have the right attitude. Meaning, so long as you're open and considerate in bed, it won't matter to most people that you don't know what you're doing yet. You'll get the hang of it pretty fast.

ReputationRep:
    It's not an issue, jludvig. No need to add it to your list of worries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Put it this way, would you really want to have sex with somebody who dares make a problem out of it?

If they don't like it then show them the door. The majority of people will not be put off by it, and those who are and think there is something wrong with you aren't worth sleeping with whether it's your first time or your 100th time.
    :ditto:

OP, so you are 26 and a virgin, that doesn't mean everybody will find it a turn-off. And as LPK has said, you wouldn't want to be with somebody who makes an issue out of your sexual history, or lack thereof.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.