Turn on thread page Beta

Going to a party and we don't get along with each other watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I am going to this party at this club tomorrow. There is this other person which well you can tell from the title we don't get along. We share the same friends (A).

The last time I went to this party and I hung around with another group of people who are my friends (B), tomorrow that group aren't coming, some will but I don't know them well enough, so I cant really hang around with them to be honest.

And it has been ages since I talked friends (A), and want hang around with them. But that person (person I don't get along with) is there, and I know he will confront me etc...Which I don't want. If it does happen, I know I will be the one isolated.

To be honest I don't understand why he hates me. I don't hate him. I know he has a problem with me which I don't know why. We were friends one minute, got along, I made a little joke on his picture on facebook, which I called him sheman. Six months later I realised he deleted me of his facebook account. I added him, he ignored it, so I did not bother with him.

I bought the tickets for the event tomorrow, what can I do?

I don't want to waste £6.

ReputationRep:
    anyone? What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    just go.
    talk to anybody who will listen.
    and ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    It's called "being tolerant" and "growing up" - go but with the intent on making new friends or talking to others, you are under no obligation to talk to him, but would be nice if you at least exchanged plesantries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitsabeeba)
    just go.
    talk to anybody who will listen.
    and ignore him.
    I will do that. For some reason he has it in for me.Ignore him, it is hard, believe me. This is what will be likee will want to know why I am here? Who wants me to be here? Highlight a few people who are clearly silent over the matter. Talks about how "evil" and "annoying" apparently I am? When I have done evil against him to begin with or did anything annoying. Hence it will make me isolated...

ReputationRep:
    just go and *****slap him is he starts??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    It's called "being tolerant" and "growing up" - go but with the intent on making new friends or talking to others, you are under no obligation to talk to him, but would be nice if you at least exchanged plesantries
    I not talked to this guy for the past year. In college, I was the quiet reserved one. We always had problems, since GCSE science and maths...
    Exchanging pleasentries, doubt it would happen, he would attack me from the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    I not talked to this guy for the past year. In college, I was the quiet reserved one. We always had problems, since GCSE science and maths...
    Exchanging pleasentries, doubt it would happen, he would attack me from the start.
    Don't be rediculous. Don't be childish and just be nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haydoncrewduk)
    just go and *****slap him is he starts??
    lol, *****slap him haha,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    Don't be rediculous. Don't be childish and just be nice.
    It is true. I am never childish. Basically what will happen at this party, is me talking to them for ten minutes, and staying silent. He will want to pick a row...it is annoying...

ReputationRep:
    how old are you guys?

ReputationRep:
    lol I can't imagine a guy being so *****y. You must tell me what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TylerDurden)
    how old are you guys?
    Shockingly, it is 19. We are both 19...This is how it is...

ReputationRep:
    lol, he does it all the time to me...

ReputationRep:
    lol i know he is going to do it, and humiliate me hence the isolations, what canI do?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.opaquelucidity.com/facepalm.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I think guys can be really *****y, they have better comebacks in my opinion and can take the mick really (bad?) well

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a 5 year old :/ If he's going to spark off at you for no reason surely it won't take much to prove him to be the silly little idiot he is and everyone will either side with you or tell you both to calm it. Either way I doubt they're just going to "isolate" you for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    Just turn up, mingle with some people if it doesn't go well just leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutta!)
    I think guys can be really *****y, they have better comebacks in my opinion and can take the mick really (bad?) well
    Well they don't usually do what OP is talking about. ie. hold a grudge for like 6 months and then start an argument just for the sake of starting one.

Guys comebacks are more joking like?. We don't actually use comebacks in spite. Well I don't and neither do my friends.

But we do have *****ing sessions :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.