Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a job interview tomorrow and basically i need some advice

i have a shirt that is white and long sleves and nice shoes and trousers but what i only have a black tie would that be alright or would i look like ive just gone to a funeral?? help?

ReputationRep:
    A tie is always better than no tie, but I'd go for option three; borrow one or go to ASDA and buy one in the morning.

Good luck with your interview. What's it for?

ReputationRep:
    Oh only for a saturday position its at a greeting card shop.. really chuffed as ive had nothing but knock backs!

and okies shall wear a tie

ReputationRep:
    Black tie is fine! If you're going to feel insecure about it then go and buy another one quickly. Just smile and be friendly but professional etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou Reed)
    Black tie is fine! If you're going to feel insecure about it then go and buy another one quickly. Just smile and be friendly but professional etc etc.
    Thanks yeah well im just gonna be normal

ReputationRep:
    If they make a comment about your black tie, you can always say you just lost a loved one who's last wish was for you to carry on the family tradition of working in a card shop.

ReputationRep:
    Black tie > no tie.

I think it'd be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Men in suits always look good, regardless of what colour their tie is.. yummmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Key)
    If they make a comment about your black tie, you can always say you just lost a loved one who's last wish was for you to carry on the family tradition of working in a card shop.
    Hahaha, you should totally go for this. Sympathy vote always wins.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks peeps for your replies

ReputationRep:
    Right well i chose a gray tie instead

Interview went well but i feel i could of done better however i was trying to find signs that i may have the job but nothing...getting more negative then postive vibes

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.