Turn on thread page Beta

Do you feel intimidated by people taller than you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nah, well past that now. Even my gf is taller than me.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    i'm 6 foot 7 but i don't think i could be any softer :o:

ReputationRep:
    No, at 5'8" im used to all my friends being taller.

Ill bang dem anyway.

ReputationRep:
    im quite tall and occasionally find that people are intimidated by my height. It kinda sucks though - i just wanna be your friend, i dont want to intimidate you!!

ReputationRep:
    im a wee lad of 5 ft 8, if i did i'd be intimidated of a heck of a lot of people

ReputationRep:
    The weird thing about height is that i find the taller people are the less aggressive they are. I'm 6'5 and am never really aggressive or intimidating towards anyone, simply because i don't need to be. With some shorter guys they almost seem to think they need to be aggressive to make up for their lack of height (small man syndrome).

I have a couple of friends who are actually taller than me (6'8 and 7'0!) and they are the biggest softies i know.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm quite tall for a girl but obviously shorter than most guys. I don't find "tallness" intimidating at all actually.

ReputationRep:
    At 5 foot I feel a bit intimidated when I'm with lots of tall people, like in crowds and stuff. With just one or 2 people I don't as much, but I just feel really young (I am usually younger than them anyway seeing as I was one of the youngest in the year) instead.

ReputationRep:
    A tiiiiiiiny bit, but I'm 5'4 so it's not much of an issue :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm 6 ft 4, but it's people's width rather than height that intimidates me :p:

ReputationRep:
    If I was intimidated by people that are taller than me, I'd be afraid to leave the house! I'm only 4ft 11 :redface:

So, no I'm not intimidated by taller people.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm 5ft 3. Oh but I am freakishly strong.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I find myself more intimidated by people shorter than me. I'm 5'10 so most people hang around somewhere by my shoulder height it seems and I always feel uncomfortable being taller than them, and a bit abnormal so it sends my social skills down the drain. I love being around people much taller than me, I love feeling little for once :o:

ReputationRep:
    I"m only 5ft...so it seems like everyone else is taller than me anyway. But no I dont get intimidated by those that are taller than me.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I'm 5'10" and it doesn't really bother me when I hang around tall(er) people.

I might get intimidated if there was tension between us and a fight would potentially break out but otherwise no.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmmmm.

No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zexes)
    Not really, in fact I am intimidated by people shorter than me.
    This. They seem so...breakable.

ReputationRep:
    im 4ft 11" and the smallest in my year, i am never intimidated by someone because of there size if you act big they will see you as big and respect you.
    most of the time i forget that im small!

ReputationRep:
    i would climb up a chair and kick the giant in the face, if i was up against one of those mean Giants from the BFG

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.