Turn on thread page Beta

Do you feel intimidated by people taller than you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 5'11".

I'm ok with boys up to 3 inches taller than me. Any taller and it's off-putting, particularly when they boast about their height :yep:

I'm not keen on girls being taller than me, again particularly if they think they're somehow better than me because they're taller. 5'9" would be the absolute tallest I'd like a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And I'm 5ft! :sad:

I'm 8ft and even I get intimidated by people taller than me; I think everyone does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    I'm 8ft and even I get intimidated by people taller than me; I think everyone does.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

No. Just no. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dymphna)
    Anyone taller than you would be pretty scary tbh. Unless they were obviously a big softie.

I don't - but I'm quite short so everyone is taller than me. My boyfriend is nearly a foot taller than me.
    Lol I don't know why but I absolutely hate hate hate taller people than me! Short man syndrome but 6 foot 5 haha!

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

No. Just no. :facepalm:
    You don't? Okay, well I guess not everyone then.

ReputationRep:
    Nahh, I've gotten use to it! hehe

ReputationRep:
    No, cos I am usually the tallest.

ReputationRep:
    i'm short for a guy 5ft 8 - i don't get intimidated...i get very jealous though!:mad: stupid genes!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'3, so no. My whole family is full of big people over the 6 foot mark.

Although not family, my sisters boyfriend is 6'7.

I'm exactly a foot taller than my girlfriend, bless her lol. Neck cramp much :P

I hate standing next to really short people, I feel like I'm talking down to them or make them feel intimidated when I don't mean to! Hah

ReputationRep:
    I am very short so most people I meet are taller than me...It has never been a sole reason for them being intimidating

ReputationRep:
    No i dont.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people are taller then me. Granted, i'm 6 foot 3 so it doesn't happen too often.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, especially those idiot giants that wear killer heals to make themselves even taller. It's totally ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Being 6'4" I would hope people weren't intimidated by height, but I guess I'm slightly intimidated if people are taller than me. Double standards ftw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matty600)
    Lol I don't know why but I absolutely hate hate hate taller people than me! Short man syndrome but 6 foot 5 haha!
    Haha thats not even logical...

I suppose I can sort of see it. But that is wierd :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm tall and short people make fun of me.

FML.

ReputationRep:
    I don't- which is especially strange because I'm short! I guess Im so used to looking up to people, because all my friends are mostly guys and happen to be quite tall :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by breakthru)
    we come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and one of those physical features which determines us is our height. people come in lots of different heights and sometimes its an issue for people, sometimes it isn't.

do you get intimidated by people taller than you? i certainly do.
    I'm 6'7. It's great.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not intimidated (playing basketball means I'm use to interacting with pretty tall people) but sometimes if someone is particularly tall they have a tendency to sort of lean over you which can become claustrophobic and irritating, though not necessarily intimidating. If someone is very tall and very buff and very aggressive and possibly even armed, then yes I might be intimidated.

What really irritates is me is very tall people who think their height is some kind of achievement, who cannot utter a single sentence that doesn't somehow emphasise their stature. Tall people seem to like talking about their height a lot more than short people, even though the latter are always said to have the complex.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.