Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mini dog =[ Watch

ReputationRep:
    My mini dog, called Oliver who is about 1 years old and a mix between a Jack russel and American Spaniel keeps randomly getting really, really angry for no reason.

It happens like once every other day and he'll just suddenly sit there and start growling all evil. If any of us goes near him he'll try and bite us really aggressively and then he'll attack my other dog, called Sam. Sams about 6 and a flat coat, labrador cross if that makes any difference, even though hes done nothing wrong to Oliver. Sometimes my mini dog will go hunt him down to attack him=/ its so strange and quite scarey when he gets in these moods.

Now my dads saying he wants to get rid of him, but he's sooo cute and sweet the rest of the time, I dont understand it. Has anyone experienced this before or know what I should do? I really dont want my dad to get rid of him=[[[

ReputationRep:
    Has he been neutered?

ReputationRep:
    He needs to get laid.

ReputationRep:
    If his behaviour has changed really suddenly he might be ill. Has he been to the vet at all lately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    Has he been neutered?
    No he hasnt, do you think that would stop his angryness if he was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    It might have something to do with it. Take him to the vets to check he's not ill first, then take it from there

ReputationRep:
    Could he becoming sexually mature?. I know that different sizes of dogs mature at different ages. Maybe neutering will stop his aggressive behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    If his behaviour has changed really suddenly he might be ill. Has he been to the vet at all lately?
    Well its been over the last like 2 months, but he went to the vet last week for a check up and everything was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    He needs to get laid.
    SHHHH! Dont say things like that, hes too young and little for those kinds of things.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

At work we get a lot of strays who haven't be neutered. When they arrive they're very fiesty and quite scared but once they've 'had the chop' they settle down a lot and are much easier to handle.

Call your vets or the local PDSA, they'll be able to inform you.

ReputationRep:
    SHHHH! Dont say things like that, hes too young and little for those kinds of things.:mad:
    He's not. I've got a 7 month old puppy and tries to hump cats and other male dogs!

Take him to the vet and explain what's going on. They might prescribe him something or suggest neutering or something like that

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was going to be about your penis

ReputationRep:
    I dont wanna scare you or anything but my dad had a dog many years ago that would randomly get aggressive for no reason but then other times be perfectly sweet and normal; and he had some sort of tumor, it was very sad My advice, get the vets to check your dog and see if hes ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurah5498)
    He's not. I've got a 7 month old puppy and tries to hump cats and other male dogs!

Take him to the vet and explain what's going on. They might prescribe him something or suggest neutering or something like that

I knowww lol, but he feels like my little baby:o: , maybe hes like this because I spoil him and let him get away with too much:confused:

Thanks guys, Im deffinatly going to look into getting him neutered, I think thats the best thing to do because I really dont want my dad to send him away and I feel really mean when I put him in the garden to calm down, he hates it=[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I thought this was going to be about your penis
    Sorry to dissapoint you.

ReputationRep:
    Get him neutered. It's pretty obvious really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarcD)
    I dont wanna scare you or anything but my dad had a dog many years ago that would randomly get aggressive for no reason but then other times be perfectly sweet and normal; and he had some sort of tumor, it was very sad My advice, get the vets to check your dog and see if hes ok
    Oh no=[ I dont think its that though because he only had a check up last week and the vet said he was really healthy. Thanks anyways=] [not for making me secretly worried though:hmmm: ]

ReputationRep:
    Get him neutered. It will probably calm him down a lot, after a few weeks you may notice him behaviour calming down a bit.

Could also very well be that you spoil him - he's not a baby or a toy and needs to know you're the boss and that he can't get away with anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Get him neutered. It's pretty obvious really.
    Is it, is it really. As you can see there could be other problems like brain tumours, then it wouldnt be so obvious would it:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Well its been over the last like 2 months, but he went to the vet last week for a check up and everything was fine.
    Hmm. Sounds like it might be time to lop off his love spuds then.

The spoiling him might be part of it too. He isn't a baby and you need to let him know that growling at you or anyone else is really not acceptable, and trying to bite people definitely isn't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.