Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My mini dog =[ Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Is it, is it really. As you can see there could be other problems like brain tumours, then it wouldnt be so obvious would it:shifty:
    Well the most likely option is that he's a horny male dog that's getting aggressive. The much lesser option - yet the more dramatic - is that he has a brain tumour.

Go get him neutered. It costs about £10 I think, if that doesn't fix it then go get him a CAT scan.

...see what I did there? CAT scan? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no=[ I dont think its that though because he only had a check up last week and the vet said he was really healthy. Thanks anyways=] [not for making me secretly worried though:hmmm: ]
    Oh thats good to hear, its unlikely then. With my dad's dog it was a long-term thing over the years. Something like that wouldn't just crop up in a week You definitely dont need to worry then!

Haha sorry didn't mean to worry you!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Well the most likely option is that he's a horny male dog that's getting aggressive. The much lesser option - yet the more dramatic - is that he has a brain tumour.

Go get him neutered. It costs about £10 I think, if that doesn't fix it then go get him a CAT scan.

...see what I did there? CAT scan? :awesome:
    Yeah I deffinatly think Ill get him neutered, I hope it doesnt change him too much though.
    And I did, very clever, you should be a comedian:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I deffinatly think Ill get him neutered, I hope it doesnt change him too much though.
    And I did, very clever, you should be a comedian:p:
    Try not to worry - it really is most likely that he's a horny dog and is angry at his inability to satisfy himself. It's a good idea to get him neutered anyway, it makes dogs far more placid and less aggressive.

Post back if he gets better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Try not to worry - it really is most likely that he's a horny dog and is angry at his inability to satisfy himself. It's a good idea to get him neutered anyway, it makes dogs far more placid and less aggressive.

Post back if he gets better
    Okay lol, im more worried about my dad taking him away than anything lol. Mhm its probably that, I hope it doesnt calm him down too much though, when hes all hyper its really cute:p: lol.
    I will do Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    SHHHH! Dont say things like that, hes too young and little for those kinds of things.:mad:
    He's about 11 in his age, I was getting damn horny about that age too :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    He's about 11 in his age, I was getting damn horny about that age too :o:
    hahah, so was I believe it or not, at least I think it was about then anyways:p:
    But I cant look at him in that way, he's like my little baby, however weirdoish that sounds.

ReputationRep:
    First off what is an American Spaniel?

Do you mean an American cocker? Please enlighten me on this new breed

Secondly whatever you do, do NOT tell him off for growling at you. Growling is good, growling means if you keep doing what you're doing then I will bite. If you ignore his warning or tell him off he will BITE. Then it's much more serious.

Where does he do his growling? In his bed? Around his food?

Neutering MAY help. It may not. It's far better to get to the root cause of the behaviour- not use a quick fix.

If he's healthy, the next best thing would be to get a behaviourist to visit you at home. Let them see the behaviour so they can advise you as best as possible.
    [Look for someone either APDT or APBC registered, to make sure they use kind and effective methods]

There is something called rage syndrome which affects several breeds, cockers being one of them. It means the dog suddenly becomes aggressive for no apparent reason and is a form of epilepsy. Therefore you may need to see your vet to confirm this. It does sound likely if there is nothing he can be possessive of and no reason for this behaviour.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.