Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, I applied on line in May for student finance for this year as a continuing student. After many Weeks of "Awaiting Assesment" my application was then "Cancelled". I received a letter from my local authority telling me that my application had been Cancelled because i have changed uni's and courses this September. I was told that i should apply online as a new student but with my existing customer Reference Number.

So Back on line I went and i logged into the student finance website using my existing Reference Number, It then said on the main page, "Are you a new Student? If so click on apply for student support next the the year 2009/10" So i Clicked on the link and filled the form in and sent it away.

Several More Weeks of "Awaiting Assesment" have now passed and then yesterday my application once again was "Cancelled"!!! I have not recieved any letters about it as of yet but i can only imagine that it is the same thing as before, Even though I Filled in the application form which i was directed to both online and in the first letter regardeing The Cancellation.

Well, Needless to say i am mega Pissed off because It now means that i have to apply for the third time and also that my finance will not be sorted by September.

I have decided that i will print a paper form and sent that in, Possibly accompanied with a Letter describing Just How Pissed Off I Am About All Of This.

Anyway, I'm Sorry About The Essay, I am Just So Pissed Off With The Whole Thing.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear! I've had to send a paper copy in too. I tried to apply online using my ART id from last year but for a new course and was told i wasn't entitled. Turns out i am entitled but i clicked a wrong box and they can't sort it out apparently! It did take two phonecalls for them to tell me to print off the forms and send them as the first bloke i spoke to didn't have a clue, all his answers were was 'i'm not sure' or 'i don't know'!!

ReputationRep:
    phone them up and talk to them and be specific about your situation. i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhap08)
    So, I applied on line in May for student finance for this year as a continuing student. After many Weeks of "Awaiting Assesment" my application was then "Cancelled". I received a letter from my local authority telling me that my application had been Cancelled because i have changed uni's and courses this September. I was told that i should apply online as a new student but with my existing customer Reference Number.

So Back on line I went and i logged into the student finance website using my existing Reference Number, It then said on the main page, "Are you a new Student? If so click on apply for student support next the the year 2009/10" So i Clicked on the link and filled the form in and sent it away.

Several More Weeks of "Awaiting Assesment" have now passed and then yesterday my application once again was "Cancelled"!!! I have not recieved any letters about it as of yet but i can only imagine that it is the same thing as before, Even though I Filled in the application form which i was directed to both online and in the first letter regardeing The Cancellation.

Well, Needless to say i am mega Pissed off because It now means that i have to apply for the third time and also that my finance will not be sorted by September.

I have decided that i will print a paper form and sent that in, Possibly accompanied with a Letter describing Just How Pissed Off I Am About All Of This.

Anyway, I'm Sorry About The Essay, I am Just So Pissed Off With The Whole Thing.
    Ring them, and make a point of the fact that you've been messed around over this. They may be able to advise you better over the phone than is easily possible in a letter; if you don't get anywhere at first, ask to speak to a supervisor. Hopefully you'll be able to get it sorted without any more problems!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Guys, I will be tackling this either tomorrow or Monday.

ReputationRep:
    You do need to go to SFE if it's not treated as a transfer and you don't have the documents from each university to confirm this. If you applied online again, it may be that your online application has again gone to the LEA in error.

I have seen several students affected by this, and always recommended that they complete a paper application form to avoid further issues.

ReputationRep:
    It must be something you've done on the form that's confused the situation. I've done the exact same - dropped out, reapplied to Uni, reapplied to student finance using the same ART ID I had last year...

Got a letter though this morning outlining what they've given me, and it's all perfect.

I'd definitely recommend ringing though because it seems like the online process just isn't working right for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd phone them several times to talk to different people. The amount of phone calls it took me to sort out exactly what to do when I left uni in December. Some of them don't have a clue, you get different answers all the ******* time, they put you on hold for 20 mins at a time, I'd like to strangle all of them with their respective telephone wires. Argh I hate them.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.