Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading back through old posts and the results are conflicting.

Does Skype (or other VoIP programs) work on the network in the Aber halls? What are the restrictions, if there are any?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it works, I've used it, it can just be quite temperamental. Skype has a dynamic port range which means some people can't get it work, but it is easily changed in the options.

From what i remember there is a function that will not work, but that only reduces the quality of calls a little and does not stop it working altogether.

ReputationRep:
    It worked for me when I was in Alexandra Halls, but it can be a bit hit and miss. Some days it worked fine, others I struggled to keep a connection, but I am not sure whether that was my laptop or the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Mine worked ok in Cwrt Mawr most of the time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.