Turn on thread page Beta

Platonic relationshippies watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have YOU ever had a platonic relationshippy?
    Yess
    51.35%
    Nooo
    48.65%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    Right, so you're talking about a relationship with someone you are sexually attracted to but don't want to have sex with?

I don't get it.
    Well imagine that you were potentially sexually attracted to them subconsciously but didn't know EXACTLY what it is that made you that way - so you didn't really want to act on it sexually also because you were acquainted with the person in a professional sense. But if there was evident fondness where you went on dates would this not be a platonic relationship that is different from a friendship with somebody of the same gender?

squish.

(Original post by xps.systems)
    Well imagine that you were potentially sexually attracted to them subconsciously but didn't know EXACTLY what it is that made you that way - so you didn't really want to act on it sexually also because you were acquainted with the person in a professional sense. But if there was evident fondness where you went on dates would this not be a platonic relationship that is different from a friendship with somebody of the same gender?

squish.
    You are obviously REALLY insecure about having relationships, because it is all you seem to talk about. Bla bla bla, I am better without a woman, bla bla bla I don't need a relationship, well quit making these friggin posts then because it doesn't look like you actually have a life as much as you claim.

And for your info, yes it is possible to have a platonic relationship. End of.

ReputationRep:
    BTW, OP, your profile pic is very disturbing.

splishysplash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You are obviously REALLY insecure about having relationships, because it is all you seem to talk about. Bla bla bla, I am better without a woman, bla bla bla I don't need a relationship, well quit making these friggin posts then because it doesn't look like you actually have a life as much as you claim.

And for your info, yes it is possible to have a platonic relationship. End of.
    Why Anonymous?

I'm at work at the moment but all I have to do is package statements so I can listen to the business news and post online too.

I don't NEED a platonic relationshippy - I was just curious about them!

squish.

(Original post by xps.systems)
    Why Anonymous?

I'm at work at the moment but all I have to do is package statements so I can listen to the business news and post online too.

I don't NEED a platonic relationshippy - I was just curious about them!

squish.
    STOP SAYING SQUISH WTF IS THE POINT JUST USE A SIGNATURE

(Original post by Ladipidoo)
    :nothing: You're twisting the meaning of a 'platonic relationship' and using it in the wrong context.

splat.
    No offense but splat? :rolleyes:

Some people need to get out more. Or maybe stop kissing OP's arse. :yes:

As for OP, platonic means no love or desire. If you're asking about how to be in a relationship with someone but not kiss or hug then I would say that is very unnatural and......weird.

(Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Seconded.

ReputationRep:

As for OP, platonic means no love or desire. If you're asking about how to be in a relationship with someone but not kiss or hug then I would say that is very unnatural and......weird.
    I'm presuming you haven't heard of satire, or mockery?

(Original post by thatrollingstone)
    I'm presuming you haven't heard of satire, or mockery?
    I didn't quote yours because yours was potentially satire. But the other girl's wasn't. Quite plain to see she is just kissing OPs arse as she has done many times before.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I'm presuming that's where he gets most of his neg rep from

ReputationRep:

No offense, but why are you anonymous?

And if you read clearly, nowhere is my post does it suggest that I'm licking OP's ass; in fact, it's doing quite the opposite.

SPLAT.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't quote yours because yours was potentially satire. But the other girl's wasn't. Quite plain to see she is just kissing OPs arse as she has done many times before.
    :facepalm2: :nothing:

(Original post by Ladipidoo)
    No offense, but why are you anonymous?

And if you read clearly, nowhere is my post does it suggest that I'm licking OP's ass; in fact, it's doing quite the opposite.

SPLAT.
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    FYP

(Original post by mr-breaker)
    FYP
    What does FYP mean :unsre:

For Your Pleasure? Preference? Personality?

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, cool it. OP may say squish if he wishes to say squish. It's a free world, we are all entitled to squish if we should wish..

ReputationRep:
    What does FYP mean :unsre:

For Your Pleasure? Preference? Personality?
    Fixed Your Post.

I just thought it deserved to be written in a larger font.

ReputationRep:
    Sense.

This thread makes none of it.

(Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Jeez, cool it. OP may say squish if he wishes to say squish. It's a free world, we are all entitled to squish if we should wish..
    Sure, but the obvious implication of your statement is that, i, living in a free world, can freely tell him to STFU at my whim.

(Original post by mr-breaker)
    Fixed Your Post.

I just thought it deserved to be written in a larger font.

Well, you were Mr Fixer in this case

ReputationRep:
    Sure, but the obvious implication of your statement is that, i, living in a free world, can freely tell him to STFU at my whim.

Ha this is true.

I just felt I had to defend the squish; after all it ain't hurting anybody :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.