Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Actually, that's interesting. It only takes until the 5th of August this year in Scotland and while there may be more people in England I don't understand why it would take so much longer. So do you guys actually get the results at school or do you still receive them in the post?

ReputationRep:
    They're all published at school aren't they?
    Then edexcel you can recieve them online (optional).

ReputationRep:
    It's a short period given the volume of work. The only reason it seems unacceptable is simply because ALevel results for the most hold so much weight, and have so many implications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enzo-259)
    Actually, that's interesting. It only takes until the 5th of August this year in Scotland and while there may be more people in England I don't understand why it would take so much longer. So do you guys actually get the results at school or do you still receive them in the post?
    School. Which is better I think, cuts out the possibilty of them being held up on account of the postal service.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    sheer number of papers

ReputationRep:
    8 weeks really isnt that long

ReputationRep:
    People need to stop saying 2 months is not a long wait.

Look at the posts from the people from France and Spain. They get them within a week.

This is just Britain and its typical lameness.

ReputationRep:
    In fairness, the marking is more often than not a shoddy and haphazard affair as it is already. Think of the carnage if they were to decrease the marking time even more.

ReputationRep:
    Because the exam boards secretly hate us all...

Nah, I think the real reason is to make sure all the papers are marked and ordered by then...
    Though it irritates me so to think my exam papers are marked already, but I can't get the grades yet ! >=(

27 days to go people! Till A Level Results!!!

ReputationRep:
    i got my results from uni within 2 weeks :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    1. So they can mark them properly - you dont want an examiner accidently forgetting to mark page 9 of your chemistry paper, do you? lol
    2. So they could keep us stressing for longer.
    lol that's actually quite debatable. The number of papers i've seen shockingly marked + the number I've seen got from U's to A's, i think some of them don't do their jobs properly.

ReputationRep:
    Hong Kong got them last week or the week before I think. Then my parents thought that I was telling porkies when I said they are released on the 20th August.

ReputationRep:
    you answered the question yourself, there are millions of scrips to check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets_make_some_music)
    makes sure you don't get the wrong results
    Hah, does it though? Not all the time. Last year almost everyone in my years' AS history was disasterously mis-marked.

ReputationRep:
    It's reasonable, and it's also tradition now that A level results come out on the penultimate Thursday of August. It also gives us adequate time to prepare ourselves for university/clearing/any paperwork that needs to be done, because there's a month of summer left. I've managed to enjoy the last month because it mainly consisted of holidays and celebrating that exams were finally over... but now, I've just started to count down to results, and I'm finding it hard to enjoy any plans etc. I may make. I can only imagine that it'll get even worse come August.

ReputationRep:
    Remember, patience is a virtue.

Then again, according to Samsung, this is no longer the case.

ReputationRep:
    Examiners are ******* human beings. And you've answered the question yourself there are millions of scripts and each paper has to go through various stages of marking, it's not like once the paper is marked it's done. Stop being ******* impatient and wait... 2 months is pretty good looking at the amount of work they have to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    Examiners are ******* human beings. And you've answered the question yourself there are millions of scripts and each paper has to go through various stages of marking, it's not like once the paper is marked it's done. Stop being ******* impatient and wait... 2 months is pretty good looking at the amount of work they have to do.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what the verdict will be this year.. if theres a higher pass rate then A-levels are becoming too easy or if the pass rate is miserable they're becoming too difficult.
    Its always the former.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    Hah, does it though? Not all the time. Last year almost everyone in my years' AS history was disasterously mis-marked.
    haha yeah true, when we were going GCSE's someone went from a C to an A* in science

the majority are ok though, i guess its so long becuase of calculating grade boundaries

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.