What was your pay at 17 Watch

gunit14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What was your pay at 17 and where did you work.
Gonna be a long thread
Rian1988
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got about £5 an hour at Next then I got £8.20 working in a call centre.
Mitch92uK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
£5.28 Tesco
foundintransmission
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
£4.67 an hour, that's in specsavers, and I'd been on that wage from 15, which is okay for so young. Now I'm 18 I'm only on £4.77, which sucks, I'd probs get more anywhere else. But its experience and relevant to my degree, so oh well.
nikki-77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by foundintransmission)
£4.67 an hour, that's in specsavers, and I'd been on that wage from 15, which is okay for so young. Now I'm 18 I'm only on £4.77, which sucks, I'd probs get more anywhere else. But its experience and relevant to my degree, so oh well.
ditto.
Rooster523
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
£5.75 at some posh restaurant

£6.50 as a care taker at my old school
kamc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got £9 on Saturdays and £12 on Sundays cleaning in a hospital
foundintransmission
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nikki-77)
ditto.
It's really annoying though, I've been working there for 3 years, I should get a pay rise for being good at my job! :p:
nikki-77
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's really annoying though, I've been working there for 3 years, I should get a pay rise for being good at my job! :p:
likewise, although my boss scares the fairies outa me cant wait to get away!
JecAL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
17 now--i get £7.09 an hour. I work for Chelmsford borough council, the park sector. I get paid to basically set up arts and crafts, doing arts and crafts with kids! Best job ever!
i.am.lost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was effectively being paid £10 an hour (it was £50 a day during school holidays and I was working ~5 hours) as a Database Administrator for the world's largest website for PAs and secretaries (I don't really want to name it but if you really want to know just Google that phrase).

It was a respectable position and involved both technical work and - since I usually finished my duties early - I would then be assigned creative jobs by the Project Manager or testing webpages. I loved it.
foundintransmission
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nikki-77)
likewise, although my boss scares the fairies outa me cant wait to get away!
haha yeah. Oh well, I know I'm still going to be there until I finish uni [unless I decide to stab a patient in anger or something] so I guess it's good to have a stable job with income and that. But the pay is just so crappy, I think I'm on the lowest wage compared with everyone else on thi thread haha
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
back 7 years ago when I was 16 and going between GCSE's and A-levels I was on £6.22 an hour working as an admin assistant at Boots opticians.

when I left I was on about £8.50 (because i was trained as an optical assistant) and that was when i was 17 and a bit.

as I say it was 7 years ago so it was a fair old time back and probably means nothing now. so probably about the equivalent of maybe £8 or 9 an hour now?
Skadoosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I choose not to blow my own trumpet.
youngy34
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Think it was about £4.10 on saturdays and £6 on sundays at Sainsbury's. Still work there but earn a couple of quid more.
Sver
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I used to get £7/hr at marks & spencers .. isnt £7/hr minimum wage for 17 yr olds??
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Uhmm, about £4.70 an hour I think. Sunday Sales Assistant in a crappy clothes store - I brought home just under £100 a month.
nikki-77
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha yeah. Oh well, I know I'm still going to be there until I finish uni [unless I decide to stab a patient in anger or something] so I guess it's good to have a stable job with income and that. But the pay is just so crappy, I think I'm on the lowest wage compared with everyone else on thi thread haha
im on that too until sept.
im moving to liverpool and have applied for every store in the city :p: think il be working in ladbrokes, either in their shop or anfield!
*MJ*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
£30 a week EMA...:ninja:

I don't work or anything...:p:

Edit: The only work I do now is work experience...:awesome:
nikki-77
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sver)
I used to get £7/hr at marks & spencers .. isnt £7/hr minimum wage for 17 yr olds??
:O NO!
its 3.53!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (584)
91.11%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (57)
8.89%

Watched Threads