Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What was your pay at 17 and where did you work.
    Gonna be a long thread

ReputationRep:
    I got about £5 an hour at Next then I got £8.20 working in a call centre.

ReputationRep:
    £5.28 Tesco

ReputationRep:
    £4.67 an hour, that's in specsavers, and I'd been on that wage from 15, which is okay for so young. Now I'm 18 I'm only on £4.77, which sucks, I'd probs get more anywhere else. But its experience and relevant to my degree, so oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foundintransmission)
    £4.67 an hour, that's in specsavers, and I'd been on that wage from 15, which is okay for so young. Now I'm 18 I'm only on £4.77, which sucks, I'd probs get more anywhere else. But its experience and relevant to my degree, so oh well.
    ditto.

ReputationRep:
    £5.75 at some posh restaurant

£6.50 as a care taker at my old school

ReputationRep:
    I got £9 on Saturdays and £12 on Sundays cleaning in a hospital

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-77)
    ditto.
    It's really annoying though, I've been working there for 3 years, I should get a pay rise for being good at my job! :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's really annoying though, I've been working there for 3 years, I should get a pay rise for being good at my job! :p:
    likewise, although my boss scares the fairies outa me cant wait to get away!

ReputationRep:
    17 now--i get £7.09 an hour. I work for Chelmsford borough council, the park sector. I get paid to basically set up arts and crafts, doing arts and crafts with kids! Best job ever!

ReputationRep:
    I was effectively being paid £10 an hour (it was £50 a day during school holidays and I was working ~5 hours) as a Database Administrator for the world's largest website for PAs and secretaries (I don't really want to name it but if you really want to know just Google that phrase).

It was a respectable position and involved both technical work and - since I usually finished my duties early - I would then be assigned creative jobs by the Project Manager or testing webpages. I loved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-77)
    likewise, although my boss scares the fairies outa me cant wait to get away!
    haha yeah. Oh well, I know I'm still going to be there until I finish uni [unless I decide to stab a patient in anger or something] so I guess it's good to have a stable job with income and that. But the pay is just so crappy, I think I'm on the lowest wage compared with everyone else on thi thread haha

back 7 years ago when I was 16 and going between GCSE's and A-levels I was on £6.22 an hour working as an admin assistant at Boots opticians.

when I left I was on about £8.50 (because i was trained as an optical assistant) and that was when i was 17 and a bit.

as I say it was 7 years ago so it was a fair old time back and probably means nothing now. so probably about the equivalent of maybe £8 or 9 an hour now?

ReputationRep:
    I choose not to blow my own trumpet.

ReputationRep:
    Think it was about £4.10 on saturdays and £6 on sundays at Sainsbury's. Still work there but earn a couple of quid more.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get £7/hr at marks & spencers .. isnt £7/hr minimum wage for 17 yr olds??

ReputationRep:
    Uhmm, about £4.70 an hour I think. Sunday Sales Assistant in a crappy clothes store - I brought home just under £100 a month.

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah. Oh well, I know I'm still going to be there until I finish uni [unless I decide to stab a patient in anger or something] so I guess it's good to have a stable job with income and that. But the pay is just so crappy, I think I'm on the lowest wage compared with everyone else on thi thread haha
    im on that too until sept.
    im moving to liverpool and have applied for every store in the city :p: think il be working in ladbrokes, either in their shop or anfield!

ReputationRep:
    £30 a week EMA...:ninja:

I don't work or anything...:p:

Edit: The only work I do now is work experience...:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    I used to get £7/hr at marks & spencers .. isnt £7/hr minimum wage for 17 yr olds??
    :O NO!
    its 3.53!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.