Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    £5.60/h at m&s 3 years ago! it was a temp xmas job - i was happy with the money as it paid for my trip to china

ReputationRep:
    4.62 - Dominos

ReputationRep:
    Depends what they wanted or i was offering. Anywhere from 15 quid up to 100

ReputationRep:
    4.00 an hour...not enough.
    Pizza Hut Express.

ReputationRep:
    I was on £4.54 at age 17. Went to £6.14 when I turned 18. Left that job to concentrate on revision and studies..now I have a new job and it's minimum wage ..£4.77 an hour

Awfulll pay, it's stupid doing the same job as other people but they get paid more.

EDIT: That first job was at Sainsbury's, now I work at The Range.

ReputationRep:
    £5.70 at a pub, waitressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I work in Gregg's and I get £5.33!
    I'm not actually sure what I get, I know it's 5-something and I made up the 23 haha. It's probably 5.33. :yes: I can't be arsed finding a wage slip to check.

ReputationRep:
    4.60 at the co-op

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    I used to get £7/hr at marks & spencers .. isnt £7/hr minimum wage for 17 yr olds??
    What world do you live in? Jesus, quite a few, myself included, are over 17 and earn (just) under £7...thanks to crappy job market etc.

I earned £3.64p/h at 17 and only £6.84 now, thank god for inflation...but fantastic job market for graduates (I graduated last year, new graduates PLEASE try as long as I, and others, have before you complain...)

ReputationRep:
    £5.45 at tesco's

But I just turned 18, got my payrise for a years service and got the yearly payrise all in the same month so I get £6.70 now.

And I worked Monday and Tuesday this week for 12 hours (time and half cause of a NI bank holiday) and I was working as a team leader so I got £13.50 an hour!! so tonnes of money!

ReputationRep:
    £4.17 Sports Direct

ReputationRep:
    £3.95 Mcdonalds. Pretty stressful job, should definitely get paid more.

I'm considering looking around for more jobs with better pay, but I like the fact that Mc D's have such flexible hours, and sometimes it's a good laugh.

ReputationRep:
    £6.55 / market research

ReputationRep:
    £4.40 then rose to £5.80, Woolworths lol

ReputationRep:
    £6.50 doing websites for my best mate's parents and £6.50 for working in a retail shop.
    Kerching.

ReputationRep:
    £15 for coaching four and five year old kids on a Saturday morning. I think the reason it was so much was because it was/is bilingual. It was only for two hours, so I wasn't making tonnes, but it set me up nicely for the weekend. Always tried to keep a tenner, always ALWAYS spent it.

Term's ended now, so the coaching's finished. Boo. Still get some weeks with football camp, though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I get £7.02 an hour working on the customer service desk in Tesco... oh and £10.53 an hour on a Sunday

ReputationRep:
    £2.95 an hour
    needless to say i did that for about a week and then never went back.
    sainsbury's gave me £4.02 which was a much better deal, still there and now earn about £7.20 on average an hour thanks to various premiums

ReputationRep:
    I got £5.75 p/h at subway because i was a supervisor. The company then went bankrupt, i lost my job and i'm now 18 and on £4.77 p/h at spudulike.

ReputationRep:
    £3.53 scraping beans off plates at a BHS café
    Needless to say, I soon quit.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.