£4.04 at Waitrose. And I did more than one role :/

ReputationRep:
    How do you get jobs at call centres?

ReputationRep:
    £5.50 at a fish and chip shop :p:

ReputationRep:
    £3 cash in hand at a chippy and £3.87 at Sainsburys

ReputationRep:
    When I was 17, I worked at a camping during summer, there I got £11 an hour, and I worked part-time in a restaurant where I got £13 an hour.

Now, I'm 19 and work in a Norwegian version of Tesco, and I get £21 an hour.
    Sweet times! I'm now working hard, saving up to move to Britain in september.
    And just to rub it in furthermore: WOW, you guys are getting low salaries compared to us! :P

ReputationRep:
    When I was 17 I worked at a kids camp for £50 a day (quite poor pay).
    And 5.26 or somthing along those lines at Waitrose.

ReputationRep:
    Was £5.73 or something, being ASDA's finest trolley boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoggster=))
    I'm 17 and I get £7.02 an hour working on the customer service desk in Tesco... oh and £10.53 an hour on a Sunday
    You get paid more for working on the CSD in Tesco?! I work at Sainsbury's and do CSD and get paid the same as everyone else lol, and your sunday rate sounds awesome!
    I get £5.36 from Sainsbury's, but I'm 18 in less than 2 months now, so I'll earn almost an extra £1 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I worked as a waitress, at my local hotel and got £3.95 per hour!!!

ReputationRep:
    I earn £4.54 at Sainsburys (Just started) But my 18th is in like 60'ish days so ill be on £5.92 then. Will probably be there part-time until uni now!

Last summer (When I was 16) I was earning £60/day all summer as a building laborer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    £5.50 at a fish and chip shop :p:
    Aye right, I get £4 for the same thing! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    And just to rub it in furthermore: WOW, you guys are getting low salaries compared to us! :P
    ***** :p:

ReputationRep:
    At 17 i got 3.71 an hour

ReputationRep:
    Gamestation, £5.62 an hour until everyone got a payrise to £5.78. Everyone gets the same whether you're 16 or 19

ReputationRep:
    £7.50 @ Zavvi...Until it closed down

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I get £3.53.

ReputationRep:
    17 was £6.21 @ Marks and Spencers. But you got all the sandwiches after shifts for 10p (every sandwich...in fact anything with bread or pitta was 10p), and all the near expiring food was 75% off. I could comfortably live my life off the weekly pay (22 hours per week) and food and drink from there if I had the job now!

ReputationRep:
    £5 with Mexx in a department store.
    £6.25 at a Chinese takeaway
    Now £4.77 at another shop/tourist attraction... but still working at the chinese as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    When I was 17, I worked at a camping during summer, there I got £11 an hour, and I worked part-time in a restaurant where I got £13 an hour.

Now, I'm 19 and work in a Norwegian version of Tesco, and I get £21 an hour.
    Sweet times! I'm now working hard, saving up to move to Britain in september.
    We're still in a recession remember. Expect a lesser wage when you move accross. Unless of course you're talking about Euro wages.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.