Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think it was just under £3ph at McDonalds, but that was fourteen years ago...

ReputationRep:
    £4.77 at Co-op.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    When I was 17, I worked at a camping during summer, there I got £11 an hour, and I worked part-time in a restaurant where I got £13 an hour.

Now, I'm 19 and work in a Norwegian version of Tesco, and I get £21 an hour.
    Sweet times! I'm now working hard, saving up to move to Britain in september.
    And just to rub it in furthermore: WOW, you guys are getting low salaries compared to us! :P
    Yeah but the Norwegian cost of living and rates of taxation are so much higher than here so it's on par really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longorefisher)
    Yeah but the Norwegian cost of living and rates of taxation are so much higher than here so it's on par really!
    Yeah.. I know..
    A pint costs around 7 pounds here..:woo:

But working my *** off here, and saving up to spend in Britain sounds like a good investment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunit14)
    What was your pay at 17 and where did you work.
    Gonna be a long thread
    A couple of quid an hour, & it was in a restaurant in our town that had just opened up. We're talking a long time ago!

ReputationRep:
    4.71 - clarks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustYourTypicalBlonde)
    I got £5.75 p/h at subway because i was a supervisor. The company then went bankrupt, i lost my job and i'm now 18 and on £4.77 p/h at spudulike.
    WTF! When did this happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
    WTF! When did this happen?
    Subways are franchised, so only 3 subways in derbyshire went bankrupt, not all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustYourTypicalBlonde)
    Subways are franchised, so only 3 subways in derbyshire went bankrupt, not all of them.
    I see. I thought you meant that the whole corporation had, hence my surprise.

ReputationRep:
    £4.63 p/h at Clinton Cards and i've been on that wage since i was almost 16. It goes up to £5.19 when I'm 18 though woooo

I also get £5.73 p/h for casual waitressing work.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.