The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Course content are too similar.
They are practically the same, however Business studies is less respected by most Universities for most courses.
So in all fairness Economics > Business Studies.
What ma2k5 said + studying business studies by itself (when economics is available) is a bad idea.
im doing that :/
IrishPerson
im doing that :/

Unlucky, or change now?
Reply 6
Troubled_Student
They are practically the same, however Business studies is less respected by most Universities for most courses.
So in all fairness Economics > Business Studies.

This only applies to A-Levels? For example, if someone did Business Studies GCSE then Economics A-Level it would be fine you think?
histon
This only applies to A-Levels? For example, if someone did Business Studies GCSE then Economics A-Level it would be fine you think?

Yes that would be fine, but Economics A-Level > Business Studies A-Level.
Reply 8
Economics is generally a better subject to do, but still Business Studies encompasses Economics but would surely be mostly based around Economics... so it seems pretty pointless.

My brother's only doing Business Studies. He's gonna have a pathetic life.
i did business for gcses
and i start a levels this september and doing business studies and ecnomics and maths and chemistry
is that a bad idea?
Reply 10
IrishPerson
i did business for gcses
and i start a levels this september and doing business studies and ecnomics and maths and chemistry
is that a bad idea?

It seems so lol.
there's loads of people in my Economics class who do Accounting, Business AND Economics :s-smilie: I guess the overlap is handy, but it's hardly a diverse range of A levels.
Reply 12
I am currently doing Maths, Economics, French and Business Studies. As long as your other subjects are fairly academic then there shouldnt be a problem. Generally the better universities (Russell Group) will accept one 'soft' subject a-level.
Oh and the course we do at my school for Economics and Business are completely different. There is no overlap at all.
Reply 13
emilyjane_09
there's loads of people in my Economics class who do Accounting, Business AND Economics :s-smilie: I guess the overlap is handy, but it's hardly a diverse range of A levels.

Neither are Maths, Phys, Chem and Bio yet universities respect them.
Reply 14
Emmma.
I am currently doing Maths, Economics, French and Business Studies. As long as your other subjects are fairly academic then there shouldnt be a problem. Generally the better universities (Russell Group) will accept one 'soft' subject a-level.
Oh and the course we do at my school for Economics and Business are completely different. There is no overlap at all.

I'm not doing BS, I just wondered about it.
histon

Those 3 subjects are a lot more respected than Business and Accounting.
Reply 16
histon

How are they not diverse?

Accounting, Economics, Business - you typically learn about all of them in any Eco/Acc or Business degree. I don't remember learning about pythagoras in my Chemistry A level :rolleyes:
histon

Are you serious?

You probably couldn't get more different subjects. Yes, they're all linked in small ways but each involves varied skills
Reply 18
ma2k5
How are they not diverse?

Accounting, Economics, Business - you typically learn about all of them in any Eco/Acc or Business degree. I don't remember learning about pythagoras in my Chemistry A level :rolleyes:

Not as similar, but they're all obviously science subjects.
Reply 19
Originally Posted by histon
emilyjane_09
Those 3 subjects are a lot more respected than Business and Accounting.

Erm... I count four...:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending