Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you take further maths without Mathematics at A level? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Perhaps the writers of this website should drag English Language from the Intermediate column to the Traditional column as they appear to have no idea what "Unconsidered" means!
    I also noticed that, I think English Lang. and English Lit. should swap places on that table. I've always known English Lang. to be a more respectable subject than English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Perhaps the writers of this website should drag English Language from the Intermediate column to the Traditional column as they appear to have no idea what "Unconsidered" means!
    Id imagine it varies depending on the degree you apply for as understandably english language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshphillips999)
    I also noticed that, I think English Lang. and English Lit. should swap places on that table. I've always known English Lang. to be a more respectable subject than English Lit.
    I thought the otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    I don't care what they say, Design and Technology isn't a soft subject, especially when you decided to make a ridiculous project for your coursework.
    I think its more of a generalisation and viewpoints of difficulty by university and is not applicable for certain degrees so i think you should disregard what it says in some aspects and not let it discourage you from certain a levels
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well it was a joke but it seems to be catching as you have all lost the ability to construct sentences now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Small123)
    http://www.whichalevels.org/a-level-league-table

based on top 12 universities
    Why is Music not on those lists?
    Weird...

ReputationRep:
    OK I know and agree that ICT IS considered as a soft subject and I have come out of the A2 knowing hardly anything more than I knew prior to undertaking the course.

However:

<rant>

The coursework (for the OLD course) was HELL. Between AS and A2 I wrote >1000 pages and so did people who took it seriously. To pass (not excel, just pass) the exams there is a hell of a lot to memorise. And the examiners are so ******* stupid that if you don't write the same points as they have on the mark scheme in pretty much the same wording then they won't give you the mark - I mean jeeeeeeeeez God forbit I should use my brain.

It is a stupid subject, but I totally respect anyone doing it cos I would rate it as my joint hardest A Level (with Further Maths) of the 6 I'm doing.

</rant>

ReputationRep:
    I think its more of a generalisation and viewpoints of difficulty by university and is not applicable for certain degrees so i think you should disregard what it says in some aspects and not let it discourage you from certain a levels
    I am still insulted. But yes, thankfully for engineering choices it was looked for.

ReputationRep:
    I am still insulted. But yes, thankfully for engineering choices it was looked for.
    i feel like i keep having to explain the reasoning behind the tables. I didn't make them i just found them :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Well it was a joke but it seems to be catching as you have all lost the ability to construct sentences now!
    I know we're all useless aren't we!

(Original post by joshphillips999)
    I've always known English Lang. to be a more respectable subject than English Lit.
    Neither's really better but with Lit you get to read more, well, lit.

(Original post by i.am.lost)
    It is a stupid subject, but I totally respect anyone doing it cos I would rate it as my joint hardest A Level (with Further Maths) of the 6 I'm doing.
    IT is a difficult subject for the reasons you describe. I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of work it involves. Research by Durham concludes that IT is one of the hardest A level: much more difficult than almost all of those silly arts subjects. Of course, that list also says General Studies is hardest (though I have reasons for suspecting that this might be a lone anomaly), so take what you want from it.

ReputationRep:
    i feel like i keep having to explain the reasoning behind the tables. I didn't make them i just found them :p:
    Who ever posts it pays for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    No you can't take further maths without mathematics a level. The content builds on the knowledge gained in the "normal" a level.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Who ever posts it pays for it.
    blame yahoo answers :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.