The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Would depend on the morality of each side.
Reply 41
Bagration
For a third time?

In all fairness, England was never at war with Hungary; they were just overpowered by Russians and Germans and got caught up in the "wrong" side. That said, my grandmother's house was obliterated by an American bomb...
Reply 42
aeiou81
:five: snap! Except I don't speak Hungarian... :o:

I've always lived here and only speak English and while I love going to Hungary to see my mum's family, I am undoubtedly English (though when I go to Hungary it feels like home too!).

If there was another war between England and Hungary, I'd side with the people I thought were right. If nobody was right, I'd stay living in the country I was at the time (most probably England) and sit it out.

:five: Always time to learn :smile:

I do speak Hungarian, mostly, and it is the most linguistically perfect language I've ever come across. It's also really really hard. :redface: My mum's the Hungarian one as well, so it sounds like we're in exactly the same situation :biggrin:

Damn Magyars get everywhere :tongue:
Reply 43
1/2 Welsh and 1/2 English... Take to the hills and fight the Saseon! I mean, if I went to England my accent would give me away and I'd be arrested as a spy or something...
Reply 44
I am 1/2 British(got my british passport) 1/2Chinese, but have always been more in touch with my chinese side as I care more about the situation in China, if there was a war between the two, it would most likely be America's fault:yes: , I would properly try to get my cousins out encase they have to enlist(if economically viable), I am applying to do medicine so I wil properly do aid work with the UN........:woo:
Reply 45
Gueirguiy
Im 1/3 russian, 1/3 spanish and 1/3 english, but would opt for the spanish then russian and then english side.

3 parents eh? Smooth.
Reply 46
uh, depends on why each country went to war, maybe? (I'm half english half australian, chinese and portuguese origins)
But as a born and raised Aussie I would go home for it and support the aussies, but I can't imagine myself ever wishing pain or suffering on the UK. I live in England, I'm half English and love the place to bits...
mind you, the chances of England and Australia going to war - hahahahahaha! We are too busy fighting about the Ashes or the Rugby to give a toss about much else with each other...
Reply 47
Mr Snips
3 parents eh? Smooth.

they explained their reasoning behind it on the first page.
Reply 48
EmK_89
they explained their reasoning behind it on the first page.

:facepalm:
Go to Canada/Australia where I wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.
Reply 50
I feel like I'm on an American forum with all the 1/3 this and 1/4 that talk.

Did we get the token 1/6th Irish yet?
Reply 51
Why support either?
A war between Colombians, French and Arabs? C'mon. Not possible :awesome:
Reply 53
Gueirguiy
Im 1/3 russian, 1/3 spanish and 1/3 english, but would opt for the spanish then russian and then english side.

Then why don't you live in Spain or Russia? ... Or, why would you want to live here? :s-smilie: It's a free country and everything but I find it scary that if the Cold War gets going again there are people living here that would support the other side.

If people have a 'favourite' country other than the one they live in, it's my firm belief that they should live there instead. The country should be united in times of war, it's a matter of national security.
Reply 54
I guess I'd choose the one I have most attachments to. But since I'm English with technically some Welsh, I don't think I really count :tongue:
Reply 55
I'm half American and half Trinidadian. Now if the Americans decided to war with the Trinidadians I'm pretty sure Trinidad would lose. But I wouldn't fight with America. I would f hide somewhere until the war was over (no fighting for me).
Reply 56
Hahahahahaha

I don't think the IRA have tried before to start one...

Didn't stop my mum moving from Ireland to England though
Reply 57
kayz92
I'm half American and half Trinidadian. Now if the Americans decided to war with the Trinidadians I'm pretty sure Trinidad would lose. But I wouldn't fight with America. I would f hide somewhere until the war was over (no fighting for me).

What about Russia and China... could take USA on, abeit nuclear war would be a risk for at least Russia :s-smilie:
Reply 58
Ozmas If U Are Half Spanish And English

You Are Technically White

So Im Very Sure U Wont Need To Go To Spain
ashy
In all fairness, England was never at war with Hungary; they were just overpowered by Russians and Germans and got caught up in the "wrong" side. That said, my grandmother's house was obliterated by an American bomb...
Well, Britain was at war with Austria-Hungary in 1914...

And we were technically at war with Hungary in 39-45, we just didn't fight them.