Turn on thread page Beta

If you are half 1 nationality and half another, and there was..... watch

ReputationRep:
    Would depend on the morality of each side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    For a third time?
    In all fairness, England was never at war with Hungary; they were just overpowered by Russians and Germans and got caught up in the "wrong" side. That said, my grandmother's house was obliterated by an American bomb...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeiou81)
    :five: snap! Except I don't speak Hungarian... :o:

I've always lived here and only speak English and while I love going to Hungary to see my mum's family, I am undoubtedly English (though when I go to Hungary it feels like home too!).

If there was another war between England and Hungary, I'd side with the people I thought were right. If nobody was right, I'd stay living in the country I was at the time (most probably England) and sit it out.
    :five: Always time to learn

I do speak Hungarian, mostly, and it is the most linguistically perfect language I've ever come across. It's also really really hard. :redface: My mum's the Hungarian one as well, so it sounds like we're in exactly the same situation

Damn Magyars get everywhere :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    1/2 Welsh and 1/2 English... Take to the hills and fight the Saseon! I mean, if I went to England my accent would give me away and I'd be arrested as a spy or something...

ReputationRep:
    I am 1/2 British(got my british passport) 1/2Chinese, but have always been more in touch with my chinese side as I care more about the situation in China, if there was a war between the two, it would most likely be America's fault:yes: , I would properly try to get my cousins out encase they have to enlist(if economically viable), I am applying to do medicine so I wil properly do aid work with the UN........:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Im 1/3 russian, 1/3 spanish and 1/3 english, but would opt for the spanish then russian and then english side.
    3 parents eh? Smooth.

ReputationRep:
    uh, depends on why each country went to war, maybe? (I'm half english half australian, chinese and portuguese origins)
    But as a born and raised Aussie I would go home for it and support the aussies, but I can't imagine myself ever wishing pain or suffering on the UK. I live in England, I'm half English and love the place to bits...
    mind you, the chances of England and Australia going to war - hahahahahaha! We are too busy fighting about the Ashes or the Rugby to give a toss about much else with each other...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    3 parents eh? Smooth.
    they explained their reasoning behind it on the first page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmK_89)
    they explained their reasoning behind it on the first page.
    :facepalm:

Go to Canada/Australia where I wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm on an American forum with all the 1/3 this and 1/4 that talk.

Did we get the token 1/6th Irish yet?

ReputationRep:
    Why support either?

ReputationRep:
    A war between Colombians, French and Arabs? C'mon. Not possible :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Im 1/3 russian, 1/3 spanish and 1/3 english, but would opt for the spanish then russian and then english side.
    Then why don't you live in Spain or Russia? ... Or, why would you want to live here? It's a free country and everything but I find it scary that if the Cold War gets going again there are people living here that would support the other side.

If people have a 'favourite' country other than the one they live in, it's my firm belief that they should live there instead. The country should be united in times of war, it's a matter of national security.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'd choose the one I have most attachments to. But since I'm English with technically some Welsh, I don't think I really count :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I'm half American and half Trinidadian. Now if the Americans decided to war with the Trinidadians I'm pretty sure Trinidad would lose. But I wouldn't fight with America. I would f hide somewhere until the war was over (no fighting for me).

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahaha

I don't think the IRA have tried before to start one...

Didn't stop my mum moving from Ireland to England though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayz92)
    I'm half American and half Trinidadian. Now if the Americans decided to war with the Trinidadians I'm pretty sure Trinidad would lose. But I wouldn't fight with America. I would f hide somewhere until the war was over (no fighting for me).
    What about Russia and China... could take USA on, abeit nuclear war would be a risk for at least Russia

ReputationRep:
    Ozmas If U Are Half Spanish And English

You Are Technically White

So Im Very Sure U Wont Need To Go To Spain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    In all fairness, England was never at war with Hungary; they were just overpowered by Russians and Germans and got caught up in the "wrong" side. That said, my grandmother's house was obliterated by an American bomb...
    Well, Britain was at war with Austria-Hungary in 1914...

And we were technically at war with Hungary in 39-45, we just didn't fight them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.