The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
well im British Nigerian but was born in Nigeria and lived in Nigeria, therefore i would fight for Nigeria even though we will get destroyed.
Reply 61
Cultivated
A war between Colombians, French and Arabs? C'mon. Not possible :awesome:

Actually it is very possibly seeing as Colombia is the world's leading cocaine producer. One day America could decide enough is enough and invade Colombia then beg the french to help them, then the Arabs think they are smart so they attack America while America is at war with Columbia then the french are forced to help the American and attack the Arabs. The British will be doing what they do best...licking Americas ass and will also join the war. What will you do then ??
Lots of people have parents from different countries, surely the place to which you are loyal is the place where you grew up and consider as home.

That said, at my school there was a half Iraqi lad, when the first Gulf War broke out in 1991, he got his head kicked in on a daily basis, people told him to f-off back home to his bumchum Saddam, despite the fact this lad had never been to Iraq in his life.
I'm half English and half Filipina. It would depend on the circumstances of the war. That said, I'm not really in touch with my Filipino roots, can't speak the language and never even been there, so probably wouldn't much loyalty to that side.
Reply 64
Probably neither, unless one government had turned fascist/communist or something then i'd fight them to liberate it.
Reply 65
south has london but the north has birmingham, manchester and sheffield.
counting watford gap the divider
i have formed an idea for a thread

why is birmingham in the north???
go look at google maps!
should the divider not be the middle??
Reply 66
hmm, Chinese vs The British... errm i know who would win, (not really a contest).

i would get out of britain ASAP!
Reply 67
well, best thing to do is not to get involved, you'll live longer, the problem here is that whichever side you join they will suspect you for treason. This is because you would be helping your country alot more by spying than by grabbing a rifel and die for it.

(assuming you want to get involved.) Even if you are a mix, you may sill look like just one of the races and in which case you better stick with it than the other, unless you dont fear friendly fire.
Reply 68
What if your have a british nationality but ethnic background is pakistani but parents born in britain and grandparents all born in india and now live pakistan. And another thing about ancestors from syria that moved to india. I dont even know what i am :s so if war broke out between any of those countries id move to neutral country and confuse further generations even more about where theyr from
Reply 69
jenny28
why is birmingham in the north???
go look at google maps!
should the divider not be the middle??

watford gap is the traditional divider between north and south.
and birmingham is above that.
it is the midlands but seeing as its north vs south in my scenario theres no middle involved
I am half Irish Catholic, half English protestant, lets just say I wont be moving anywhere near northern Ireland. I am a british citizen, not an Irish one I would fight for Britain

Though in reality I would probably do what personally benefitted me the most tbh.
Reply 71
Bagration
Well, Britain was at war with Austria-Hungary in 1914...

And we were technically at war with Hungary in 39-45, we just didn't fight them.

True, but Hungary wasn't really bothered about fighting Britain in either case - they were just badly placed geographically.
ashy
Nothing. Anyway, I'm "more English" as I speak this language better and I've always lived here.

What are the odds of England being at war with Hungary? .... Again.

:ninja:

I'm Hungarian, but I'd probably side with England.
Reply 73
wholenewworld
I'm Hungarian, but I'd probably side with England.

Why? If you're entirely Hungarian and live there?
Reply 74
I feel left out of this thread. My ethnic background is boring. It's just English as far as I know.
Reply 75
Irish with 1/4 Scottish, not exactly diverse considering how similar we are.

More chance of a war between Earth and Mars. We're best mates, the Irish and Scots.
Reply 76
I'm 1/2 Italian, 1/4 French (Brittany) and 1/4 Danish... and I was born and raised here in Australia. So I'm going to have to go with Denmark.:p:
Reply 77
I would side with Britain (if neutrality was impossible), unless our reasons for being at war with Greece were something ridiculously unethical such as planning to build a new British empire.
I am undoubtedly British before anything else, this is my home... But that doesn't mean it would be easy hearing about the suffering of relatives and desolation of a beautiful land. :frown:
Reply 78
Ribbits
I would side with Britain (if neutrality was impossible), unless our reasons for being at war with Greece were something ridiculously unethical such as planning to build a new British empire.
I am undoubtedly British before anything else, this is my home... But that doesn't mean it would be easy hearing about the suffering of relatives and desolation of a beautiful land. :frown:

Yiasou, ti kaneis?

Yep that's 3 years of Greek lessons right there, fml
I'm half english and half Narnian, and while I live in England and speak the language, I'm afraid that if the big lion decided to attack I'd have to rally behind him.

Latest