Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Does being a nice person actually matter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I always wind up with *********, but I just want a nice boy! :sadnod:
    It's more difficult to find them.
    Maybe, but i know a lot of girls who have said the same thing, and they have rejected those nice guys in the post knowningly, then they ask the question "why cant i find them".

ReputationRep:
    Theoretically, being a person is a winner and the girls love it.

Practically, being an absolute **** is a winner and the girls want to be taken home by it.

ReputationRep:
    In modern society being a nice person counts for absolutely nothing, at the end of the day the girl will always go for the guy with the brain in his pants, as hes the better looking one, the funnier(dumber) one, but ultimatly the shallow one. Its a never ending cycle, if you want a nice boy go find a nice boy as opposed to someone who just wants a ****.
    Maybe being nice really does get you nowhere...well thats my rant for tonight over :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    I'm quite surprised at the female responses in this thread. It's a tragedy true reality doesn't reflect it.

splish.
    Well, TSR isn't exactly a true cross-section of reality there are far more shallow girls out there than the decent ones here, I guess (same goes for guys, though).
    Although, maybe that's just me being cynical and ignorant?

Anyway, having a good personality is the only trait I really go for. If somebody is good looking, without character that means nothing (and makes the person seem ugly, more than anything).

ReputationRep:
    deffinitly matters OP. If a guy isnt nice and warm like how you decribed, I don't go near the idea of a relationship. And most girls are the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I know girls like confidence and funny guys but does being nice actually matter?

I know girls always say they want a guy to be caring and such but when it actually boils down to it I see more girls going for ********* than I see going for the guys who aren't there just to pound them senseless so they can laugh about it to their mates.

By nice I mean - buys her things, selflessness, compliments her, does little favours here and there and generally tries to do what's right. Not flood her with texts asking her where she is...

girls sometimes need a little bit of coolness/aloofness for the chase!

ReputationRep:
    I think that nice is good, as long as there's more to the person, if I'm completely honest. I'd hope a lot of people would agree with me...:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Bold: If you're a guy who does these things, PM me plz :hubba:
    Tempting. But you see, I have a long list of criteria that you would have to meet. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    Nice wins every time. This seems like a silly question - who wouldn't want a guy who was considerate, friendly, caring, romantic and loyal?
    Seemingly most of the girls at my school, which I guess makes it a good thing that I'm single?.... Nah screw it :sad:

(Original post by thatrollingstone)
    It's a tragedy true reality doesn't reflect it.
    Amen :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think the diffrence is girls see bad guys as fun above and beyond everything\one else but a nice guy is wanted for long term relationships.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah....:awesome:

Nice people are the best, nasty people are actually miserable and have issues I reckon.

Crack a smile every so often..., it ought to do the trick!

ReputationRep:
    Course it does, people say nice guys finish last, but I think those type of rewards you get with 'finishing first' only has short-term benefits

ReputationRep:
    i'm gorgeous on the inside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Tempting. But you see, I have a long list of criteria that you would have to meet. :p:
    But .. I really liked you! I thought I was the criteria! *cries her heart out*

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it matters a great deal to me. Which is probably why I'm not really interested in anyone at the moment.

Yup I'm bitter and cynical about men! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want someone who buys me things, apart from birthdees and tha', but nice is nice.

ReputationRep:
    No, nice means nothing to me. I would have fancied Hitler or Stalin if they looked like Will Smith or Shia LaBeouf (come to think of it i do have a thing for gratuitous facial hair...)

ReputationRep:
    Whilst it does depend on the person, I find the mature girls tend to want "nice" guys more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    But .. I really liked you! I thought I was the criteria! *cries her heart out*
    Dunno, You seem like quite the seductress. Actually wait, maybe thats a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance is the best policy. You'll regret it otherwise. Don't learn the hard way.

Strangely many women who go for that trait wind up at 35+ wondering why they are alone.

The thing is, no 'nice' guy in his right mind would go pick up the pieces for a woman who's been had by a 'bad' guy.

squish.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.