Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Does being a nice person actually matter? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    But .. I really liked you! I thought I was the criteria! *cries her heart out*
    He's a he- he- he- heartbreaker!

ReputationRep:
    in my experience being a nice guy is great until they crawl back to thier A hole ex boyfriends. but that might just be the girls i'm goin after!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Dunno, You seem like quite the seductress. Actually wait, maybe thats a good thing.
    I'm a nice person and you're a nice person. Imagine what we could be together :awesome:

Eh. Am I flirting with you?

(Original post by QwentyJ)
    He's a he- he- he- heartbreaker!
    Are you OK, baby, or is it just the occasional stuttering? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    absolutely.

ReputationRep:
    Doing things to prove you are 'nice' is kind of stupid. I don't want presents or compliments because you think that's what makes you a nice person. Maybe people like that don't get girlfriends because it's so easy to see through it?

Though actually being a good, moral person is very important.

ReputationRep:

Are you OK, baby, or is it just the occasional stuttering? :mmm:
    Tough break. The one time I decide to quote one of these popular songs these young folk are talking about these days.... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a nice person and you're a nice person. Imagine what we could be together :awesome:

Eh. Am I flirting with you?
    You are, but if you want me you're gonna have to try harder than that. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I know girls like confidence and funny guys but does being nice actually matter?

I know girls always say they want a guy to be caring and such but when it actually boils down to it I see more girls going for ********* than I see going for the guys who aren't there just to pound them senseless so they can laugh about it to their mates.

By nice I mean - buys her things, selflessness, compliments her, does little favours here and there and generally tries to do what's right. Not flood her with texts asking her where she is...
    Definitely, all girls love a romantic. For me one of the best thing in guys is someone who's thoughtful and ultimately nice, you know the kind of guy who'd always stand up for you, buy you presents just because etc.

ReputationRep:
    Darn tootin.
    Yous be mine. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You're not a nice person then. I thought I could win you over easily. :sad:
    Do you want chicken wrap?

Tough break. The one time I decide to quote one of these popular songs these young folk are talking about these days.... :holmes:
    I'm so-so-so sorry, I'm so-so-so sorry, I didn't mean to break your heart :flowers:

ReputationRep:
    Sold.

(Original post by pinkspiders)
    Darn tootin.
    Yous be mine. :P
    Staking a claim are we.... well unfortunately you may have to get in line (or fight the others in a a massive paddling pool filled with lube, your choice)

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I know girls like confidence and funny guys but does being nice actually matter?

I know girls always say they want a guy to be caring and such but when it actually boils down to it I see more girls going for ********* than I see going for the guys who aren't there just to pound them senseless so they can laugh about it to their mates.

By nice I mean - buys her things, selflessness, compliments her, does little favours here and there and generally tries to do what's right. Not flood her with texts asking her where she is...
    I hate all these things, to be honest. I think I'm probably the complete opposite to every other girl who's posted in this thread. I'd rather have an arrogant **** who acts like he couldn't care less than a 'nice guy'. It's 'cause of girls like me that the expression 'treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen' exists.

ReputationRep:

I'm so-so-so sorry, I'm so-so-so sorry, I didn't mean to break your heart :flowers:
    Touché, touché, touché.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    I hate all these things, to be honest. I think I'm probably the complete opposite to every other girl who's posted in this thread. I'd rather have an arrogant **** who acts like he couldn't care less than a 'nice guy'. It's 'cause of girls like me that the expression 'treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen' exists.
    There's a difference between an upstanding fella and a clingy, obsessive person. You can be a well heeled man with repsect without having to obsess over someone!

ReputationRep:
    And we guys totally love you for it :yes:

(Original post by Yasmeenax)
    Well, TSR isn't exactly a true cross-section of reality there are far more shallow girls out there than the decent ones here, I guess (same goes for guys, though).
    Although, maybe that's just me being cynical and ignorant?
    Nah, it's you being realistic

ReputationRep:
    ^^ don't know why I posted anon, must've checked anon accidentally :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)

That stuff is cool. But you gotta do it in REALLY small amounts. Like really small. be funny, be cocky, be yourself. Make her work for you. Cause lets be honest, the more you work for something, the more attracted to it you are.

Lemme give you an example. Lets say you want a ferrari. Now you take up an extra job for it. You miss out on a social life for 20 years, in order to work this job. You wlak into that dealership you buy the car and it feels great. but when you get home you discover you won another one. Which one will you keep?
    Obviously the one you worked for. It has no extra value on the other ferrari. but because you worked for it it has hidden value to you. Attraction is kinda like that.

ReputationRep:
    And we guys totally love you for it :yes:
    Haha. :five:

There's a difference between an upstanding fella and a clingy, obsessive person. You can be a well heeled man with repsect without having to obsess over someone!
    See, I do know that. And those guys are lovely and make great friends. But there's just something about the bad guys... even when I was a kid, I always wanted the bad guy to win in Disney films. Jafar from Aladin... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Haha. :five:

See, I do know that. And those guys are lovely and make great friends. But there's just something about the bad guys... even when I was a kid, I always wanted the bad guy to win in Disney films. Jafar from Aladin... :coma:
    All bad guys seem to have really large eyebrows....

Anyways, I can only hope that in spite of a preference for a 'bad guy', nothing untoward ever happens.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.