Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Does being a nice person actually matter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    All bad guys seem to have really large eyebrows....

Anyways, I can only hope that in spite of a preference for a 'bad guy', nothing untoward ever happens.
    Hhmm, it does seem to be a bit of a trend. Jafar, Scar from the Lion King, Captain Hook, that one from The Hunchback of Notre Dame... The eyebrows are always really arched and dramatic, too. Maybe Disney think it's a sign of evil?

Oh, thanks. I hope so too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Fleur_)
    Hhmm, it does seem to be a bit of a trend. Jafar, Scar from the Lion King, Captain Hook, that one from The Hunchback of Notre Dame... The eyebrows are always really arched and dramatic, too. Maybe Disney think it's a sign of evil?

Oh, thanks. I hope so too.
    Yeah it is. It's done in most cartoons you see! Sort of like a Cartoon benchmark!

What sord of bad characteristics do you :coma: over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Bold: If you're a guy who does these things, PM me plz :hubba:
    Me Me Im a nice guy, by the way i think you are hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICEMAN_09)
    Me Me Im a nice guy, by the way i think you are hot
    Right now I'm just very cold to be honest :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    I'm quite surprised at the female responses in this thread. It's a tragedy true reality doesn't reflect it.

splish.
    Who negged me for saying splish? I was making a mockery out of xps.systems thats all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I know girls like confidence and funny guys but does being nice actually matter?
    In the long run; it's all that matters.
    I can see how it seems it don't tho. Nice guys makes GREAT best mates :P
    We all want the nice ones, some of us just hasn't quite realized yet.

ReputationRep:
    When I meet a nice guy- I'll let you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazamatazz)
    When I meet a nice guy- I'll let you know.
    Zing. In the famous words of an Irish fellow after an equally sharp statement:

"******* nice one".

ReputationRep:
    I think being nice is only part of the equation. You can't expect loads of female attention if you're boring but still a nice person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Zing. In the famous words of an Irish fellow after an equally sharp statement:

"******* nice one".
    And which Irish fellow would that be?

In all serious, and in all relevance to the question, if I ever met a nice person it would matter an awful lot. Bad boys and girls are far more trouble than they're worth. And when I say I want a nice person, I don't want a doormat and I don't want a do-gooder and I don't want someone who fusses over me. Right now I'd settle for someone talk to, and that's a terribly pathetic thing to say but it's true. I'd pay my way if it meant they didn't expect nothing but wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about all women here, generalising across a gender is one of the stupidest things you can do, but a lot of girls I know have gone out with guys that I could tell were complete ********* but they were just too head over heels to see it. They would say to their friends "omgzz, he's suuuch a nice guy!!:love:" when they weren't being treated with any respect at all.

Then they would come crying to me about how they caught him kissing another girl, chatting up one of those girls that you pay to get naked on webcam or screamed at them for no reason at all (all real examples). Then they completely forgive them and go back to saying how great they are again. Then after several months of this they finally fall out (though in some cases this cycle is still ongoing) and they say to their friends "guys are *******s, they are all the same!" ... but has it occurred to them that perhaps it's just the guys they pick that are "all the same"? :facepalm2:

What makes it worse is that most of these are girls that I really fancied and would have treated with kindness and respect. As I say, not all girls, just a certain few that I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazamatazz)
    And which Irish fellow would that be?
    He's not actually famous, he's a guy I know from Uni called Jay. A friend of mine got drunk and started asking where we our parents got our names from. We all went round and got to one person and he said, "Dunno" so the drunk guy went, "Pretty poor effort, to be honest". And then Jay paused, sort of half-laughed with a scoff and went "******* nice one".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    He's not actually famous, he's a guy I know from Uni called Jay. A friend of mine got drunk and started asking where we our parents got our names from. We all went round and got to one person and he said, "Dunno" so the drunk guy went, "Pretty poor effort, to be honest". And then Jay paused, sort of half-laughed with a scoff and went "******* nice one".
    I see. Unfortunately for me my above statement wasn't a failed attempt at being witty, but solid gold truth.

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys finish last in all walks of life. This is a fact to remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)
    Right now I'm just very cold to be honest :sad:
    You still cold? If so you can come and share my bed. We can make it warm together :Awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    You still cold? If so you can come and share my bed. We can make it warm together :Awesome:
    You're in Berkshire!
    I want my baby to come and make bed warm with me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Haha.

I have yet to find one that does, or if they do, they're either interested in just being mates, or have a bf.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going out with a nice guy, it's the best

ReputationRep:
    There is a differance between if you think a guy is nice and if she thinks he is nice. The important thing is that the girl thinks you are nice, if you are or not is a different matter.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course it matters I'm not about to go out with a **** am I?

When my boyfriend is really nice to me I think he shocks himself so has to even it out by telling me to get back in the kitchen or poke me in the ribs or something.

Yep definitely a bit different that one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.