Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's the difference between a merchant bank and Katie Price (aka. Jordan)? watch

Both are institutions whose reputation is built on assets that, on closer inspection, turn out to be entirely artificial, vastly over-inflated and in danger of going through the floor at any moment. But at least Katie Price is still worth something.

ReputationRep:
    lol??

ReputationRep:
    One is a deposit for money, the other for sperm?

ReputationRep:
    HOHOHO HOHOHO HO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshla^^)
    One is a deposit for money, the other for sperm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    Both are institutions whose reputation is built on assets that, on closer inspection, turn out to be entirely artificial, vastly over-inflated and in danger of going through the floor at any moment. But at least Katie Price is still worth something.
    This is what you get when people have no idea about the economic crisis, besides of course the populist nonsense you here in the media :rolleyes:

Assets banks owned did not artificially inflate - it was housing, which was not actually owned by banks as tier one ratios would have needed to be liquidated by excess capital if equity was so high. Nor were the CDQO over inflated, as even at there height (Q1 2007), they were trading at 131 ticks over the 1/8 of outstanding contracts remaining.

Know what your taking about, or at the very least do some research, before posting such gibberish :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Katie Price is still worth something.
    she is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan.Stanford2009)
    This is what you get when people have no idea about the economic crisis, besides of course the populist nonsense you here in the media :rolleyes:

Assets banks owned did not artificially inflate - it was housing, which was not actually owned by banks as tier one ratios would have needed to be liquidated by excess capital if equity was so high. Nor were the CDQO over inflated, as even at there height (Q1 2007), they were trading at 131 ticks over the 1/8 of outstanding contracts remaining.

Know what your taking about, or at the very least do some research, before posting such gibberish :rolleyes:
    Dude, just chill! This is chat, not the Economics forum...appreciate this guy's jokes or GTFO! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teshla^^)
    Yes forgive me for actually shedding some light on the topic, how stupid :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether the fact that the comparison between banks and Jordon was a joke or not, the assumptions made behind that comparison were utterly wrong - to the point were a thread about comparing a dog and herpes would be reply worthy......

Yes forgive me for actually shedding some light on the topic, how stupid :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether the fact that the comparison between banks and Jordon was a joke or not, the assumptions made behind that comparison were utterly wrong - to the point were a thread about comparing a dog and herpes would be reply worthy......
    i could have told you everything about the credit crunch, the intricate economic detail and analysis, but i chose to make a joke that brought joy to... well only a few people..

ReputationRep:
    i could have told you everything about the credit crunch, the intricate economic detail and analysis, but i chose to make a joke that brought joy to... well only a few people..
    Well the analysis you did give, in your oh so childish way (i.e. not through the thread), was very very wrong, as now where did I discuss or mention a slow down in bank lending activity - I talked about asset price inflation, or lack thereof.

Well the analysis you did give, in your oh so childish way (i.e. not through the thread), was very very wrong, as now where did I discuss or mention a slow down in bank lending activity - I talked about asset price inflation, or lack thereof.
    shame he was permanently banned, was just getting to know him what a wonderful person i bet he has such a fun life

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.