Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Decorating rooms watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im in a house this year but sill cant fix anything to walls etc.

Just wondering if anyone had any cheapish and good sites to but small decoration things. Like wall stickers, lamps, pretty bedding etc.

Ive looked in most of the main shops, just wondering what sites people have used/seen.

ReputationRep:
    Ikea :awesome: Seriously, I don't think you'll find much else for little money.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    I'm always amazed at how cheap some of their stuff is.

ReputationRep:
    i saw some really pretty lamps in wilkinsons

ReputationRep:
    I can spend a little bit, have been working a lot, just not stupid ammounts.

ReputationRep:
    I have some really nice lamps from wilkinsons which cost me about £6 for two and some also really nice (and much more expensive-looking than it actually was ) bedding from wilkinsons. Good shop.

However, I'd seriously advise against stickers etc as you don't want to ruin the walls and end up having to foot a paint bill. Also, check your tenancy agreement with regards to electrical items. Some things may be specifically banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    I have some really nice lamps from wilkinsons which cost me about £6 for two and some also really nice (and much more expensive-looking than it actually was ) bedding from wilkinsons. Good shop.

However, I'd seriously advise against stickers etc as you don't want to ruin the walls and end up having to foot a paint bill. Also, check your tenancy agreement with regards to electrical items. Some things may be specifically banned.
    Theres nothing thats band.
    And i thought you could get them reusable stickers that just peel off.

ReputationRep:
    They don't 'just peel off' ... they bring half the paint off with them too.. trust me! Surely you can just put up some posters with blu-tack.. but you also need to be careful with that too!

I got lots of pretty glow in the dark stars and stuck them to my ceilings in constellations.. you can get them off ebay.

Get some fairy lights too.. but I got some from wilkinsons that are battery powered.. they're a much safer option than plugging them in incase they over heat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Yes. & if you hurry up, you'll get some stuff in their sale, but it's ending soon.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by XxJaninexX)
    I can spend a little bit, have been working a lot, just not stupid ammounts.
    If that was ****ging off Ikea, their stuff isn't all that bad either tbh.

Although I sound a bit too much of a fan now :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    If that was ****ging off Ikea, their stuff isn't all that bad either tbh.

Although I sound a bit too much of a fan now :ninja:
    It isnt ****ging them off at all! Most of my kitchen stuff was from Ikea.
    It was in response to i wont be able to buy from many other places on a budget, but my budget can extend above Ikea prices.

ReputationRep:
    etsy.com or folksy.com are craft sorta sites that sell some really gorgeous gear! All unique and handmade too I've been looking on ebay for some nice lampshades but might check out etsy and that instead.

Ikea is your cheapest place for most things, but you could look through other catalogues and magazines for inspiration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostdoll)
    etsy.com or folksy.com are craft sorta sites that sell some really gorgeous gear! All unique and handmade too I've been looking on ebay for some nice lampshades but might check out etsy and that instead.

Ikea is your cheapest place for most things, but you could look through other catalogues and magazines for inspiration.
    Those sites are great

ReputationRep:
    wrapping paper and blue tac is all you need......... it's like wallpaper for poor people

this was my room in halls

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.