Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'Nuther dress-voting thread! watch

• View Poll Results: Which dress?
    Dress one
    18.52%
    Dress two
    81.48%

ReputationRep:
    Hello there TSR, just wondering what people's opinions were on these two dresses I'm trying to choose between. It's for a wedding I'm going to in September.

Number one: Karen Millen, £49 reduced from £180. The purple is more vivid in real life, the photo is a bit naff.

Number two: Jane Norman, £40 full price.

Thankies!

ReputationRep:
    Don't really like either design but prefer the 2nd colour wise. First one is a bit funeral like.

ReputationRep:
    the first dress I've seen and its gorgeous!....I tried it on and looked like a bloated pinapple...but it looks gorgeous on you...and the second dress my friend wore to our end of year ball and she looked fab once she'd glammed it up with killer silver heels and lots of sparkly jewellery....depends what the weddings gona be like and what look your going for if u want more of a summery fresh look go with the Jane Norman if you want to be more chic sophisticated and mature I'd go for Karen Millen good luck choosing!x

ReputationRep:
    2, first one way too long for my liking i'm afraid. x

ReputationRep:
    The second one.

The first one doesn't seem to be a good fit/ flattering on you. Also I'm not a fan of spaghetti straps.

ReputationRep:
    You don't really 'fill out' the first one - imo, it'd look better on someone more... curvaceous.
    The 2nd one is a bit... common tbh. Like what half a dozen girls wore to my high school prom. Not very inspiring.

Therefore, I say neither.

ReputationRep:
    Second one, for sure.

First one is a bit 90s for my taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    You don't really 'fill out' the first one - imo, it'd look better on someone more... curvaceous.
    The 2nd one is a bit... common tbh. Like what half a dozen girls wore to my high school prom. Not very inspiring.

Therefore, I say neither.
    ditto
    esp about the 2nd one.

ReputationRep:
    Second one is gorgeous!

The first one makes you look really grown up though...

ReputationRep:
    The second one definitely.

I think that I saw the first one in store a couple of weeks ago, and if it's the one I'm thinking of I didn't think that it was great. Also, it's perhaps a little too dark for a wedding even if the purple is mroe vivid.

The second dress is lovely and imo, perfect for the occassion! Lovely and summery but still quite formal, and conservative but fun and pretty

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.