Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What would you suggest will be the next big trend that indie types wear?

I notice at the minute its either a denim or check shirts. With skinnies for guys and girls and the bodycon skirts for girls. Along with pumps or flat brogues etc.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine plimsols and skinnies dying out for a while, which is good as I looove them

ReputationRep:
    I wear skinnies and check shirts but im not indie. Sounds more sceney to me tbh.

What I really wanted to ask though, have you ever had glandular fever?

ReputationRep:
    I've lately been seeing guys with trousers that stop just above the ankle. Strange. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    I wear skinnies and check shirts but im not indie. Sounds more sceney to me tbh.

What I really wanted to ask though, have you ever had glandular fever?
    Well I think it depends on the type of check shirt etc and how you wear it and what with. e.g hair

And no, I havent. I just think its one of the better sounding things to catch. Cold= monosyllabic. Glandular-fever.. its just very nice to the ear. (But not the throat.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    I've lately been seeing guys with trousers that stop just above the ankle. Strange. :dontknow:
    Some guys pull it off though.

Well George Lamb.... and... and thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _glandular_fever)
    Some guys pull it off though.

Well George Lamb.... and... and thats about it.
    :awesome:

Nothing got to do with this but, George Lamb = Alex Zane to me. I see them as the same person; I'm such a failure in the indie circuit.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think it depends on the type of check shirt etc and how you wear it and what with. e.g hair

And no, I havent. I just think its one of the better sounding things to catch. Cold= monosyllabic. Glandular-fever.. its just very nice to the ear. (But not the throat.)
    Yeah thats true, different people can make the same thing look like different styles depending on how you wear them.

It might sound better but its the most horrible thing Ive ever had in my entire life, I actually felt like Id rather die than have it I was so poorly. I still get tired and ill now from it=[, Just thought Id tell you haha. One cool thing is that its also called the kissing diesese though;] lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)

Nothing got to do with this but, George Lamb = Alex Zane to me. I see them as the same person; I'm such a failure in the indie circuit.
    Haha, no worries both hot. Conversations will mainly revolve around that so if you just go 'he's so hot' you wont go wrong.

Assuming your female?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no worries both hot. Conversations will mainly revolve around that so if you just go 'he's so hot' you wont go wrong.

Assuming your female?
    Haha, I am. Excellent, I'll take your advice. It's quite terrible of me too, I've met Alex. lol

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hota)
    grr at this fashion thing

who admits to dressing 'indie'?
    :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hota)
    grr at this fashion thing

who admits to dressing 'indie'?
    Why not?? Not a fan then.

And I don't dress indie, although I do like some of their 'trends' but I dont wear it all in an indie sort of way.

ReputationRep:
    INDIE IS OBVIOUSLY A WAY OF LIFE

ha

i think fringing has become quite a big thing, especially on bags and other accessories.

Combat boots too , espcially paired with a feminine dress.

love fashion.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Natural tones are coming in and I see bohemian sticking around for a while also. The catwalks seem to be showing a preppy look which I guess will be in a/w and I have a gut feeling peacock feathers and tye dye will come into fashion too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    Natural tones are coming in and I see bohemian sticking around for a while also. The catwalks seem to be showing a preppy look which I guess will be in a/w and I have a gut feeling peacock feathers and tye dye will come into fashion too.
    I am digging the preppy look mind, have been for a while. Think its really cute.

And peacock feathers are so beautiful! But wouldnt know how to incorparate them into an outfit? Only headwear really.

I can see pork pie hats becoming a thing. I think they are HAWT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hota)
    people who dress indie are just sheep really
    Some are. Some aren't.

Same as every stereotype, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Peg legs

aaand Harem trousers.

EDIT: im not sure they are 'indie'

ReputationRep:
    I am digging the preppy look mind, have been for a while. Think its really cute.

And peacock feathers are so beautiful! But wouldnt know how to incorparate them into an outfit? Only headwear really.

I can see pork pie hats becoming a thing. I think they are HAWT.
    They are really cute but the name gives me the boke. I seen a lovely dress covered with peacock feathers in look magazine and found Kay Perry wearing this.

http://www.stylefeeder.com/i/p4qjd3t...-Feather-Dress

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.