Turn on thread page Beta

Manxie's LaraCroft Plan watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I'm Manx1991, Lara Croft to my martial arts class; which I only started yesterday.

13/07/09
    Waist: 72cm
    Hips: 94cm
    Zero exercise.

22/07/09
    Waist: 70cm (minus 2cm yay)
    Hips: 96cm (plus 2cm)
    Zero exercise; started archeology dig.

22/07/09 begun my martial arts class, Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm also planning a 3 day gym programme for fitness, no clue where to start though tbh.

Mon Martial arts class
    Tues Rest Day
    Wed Marital arts class
    Thurs Rest Day
    Fri 15min jog on treadmill; 20min rowing; 100 sit ups
    Sat 10min walk/5min jog (repeat for 1 hour- outside)
    Sun Weights session.

ReputationRep:
    Take out the sit-ups and all of saturday's session - you're not going to gain much from them at all. Even if it was a serious run rather than a jog on saturdays a 10 minute rest between 5 minute bursts of activity is too long. Instead, do a more focused intervals session, with, for example, 400m runs with maybe 90s rests between them.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't this be in the Fitness Blog sub-forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Shouldn't this be in the Fitness Blog sub-forum?
    Ah, Oops, I thought it was :redface: my bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Take out the sit-ups and all of saturday's session - you're not going to gain much from them at all. Even if it was a serious run rather than a jog on saturdays a 10 minute rest between 5 minute bursts of activity is too long. Instead, do a more focused intervals session, with, for example, 400m runs with maybe 90s rests between them.
    Well I put them down as jogs because I simply can't manage running outside. I guess it is to long, what about 1minute run, 2min walk etc? Just incase I can't really measure the distance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Well I put them down as jogs because I simply can't manage running outside. I guess it is to long, what about 1minute run, 2min walk etc? Just incase I can't really measure the distance?
    Yeah, that would be better. When it comes to interval training, you need to have intervals short enough so that you can go at them really hard. When you do each minute of running, you need to be running close to as fast as you could for a one-off minute run. It'll hurt, but you won't need more than 20-30 minutes of to get a lot of use out of it.

ReputationRep:
    martial arts? erm which style?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartialLaw)
    martial arts? erm which style?
    MMA

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.