Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many jobs have you had and how long were you there? (also did you like the job?)

ReputationRep:
    My answer:

1. Sales assistant at a newsagents for about 6 months. I was 15 and hated it but was enough money for me to live on! Left because of illness. Then I didn't have a job for a couple of months.

2. Customer consultant at Bodyshop. Was a temporary Christmas job and was okay although I had to do the boring jobs because they didn't till train me.

3. Sales assistant at Boots. My favourite job by far! Was there nearly two years, on photo so I did all the processing and printing etc. Loved the people and am still in touch with many of them. Only left because I needed more hours.

4. Concession manager for one of the brands in Topshop. Was there for eight months and it was alright, I liked some of the people there and the job itself was alright but the manager of my brand is an absolute tit. I left because I had a full time job but that fell through because they'd lied to me about it!

5. Weekend supervisor at Primark. Have been there a week so far so I can't really weigh it up, seems alright so far though!

ReputationRep:
    1. Worked in a chippy for 4 years (still there, unfortunately)
    2. Worked at Next for ONE DAY last week (sales staff). Wish they needed part time staff though!

ReputationRep:
    1. Housekeeper. Casual work, a month or 2 for 2 summers, so about 4 months. Didnt particularly like it.
    2. Territorial Army. A year and a half. Loved it.
    3. Nandos. Just over a month, unsociable hours put me off. Liked it whilst i was there.

ReputationRep:
    does paperboy count?
    if not then one, stock taker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz220807)
    How many jobs have you had and how long were you there? (also did you like the job?)
    I only ever worked full time, but leaving it all to get my degree as a mature student.

ReputationRep:
    one job

Sales assistant/counter staff at a coffee shop... started working there when i was 16 and im now 19... now saturday supervisor. Love the people i work with don't always love the job but im going to miss it come september.

ReputationRep:
    1. Sales assistant at WHSmith - it was pretty good, had the job for about a year.
    2. Waitress in pizza hut - ******* awful! The people were awful, the customers were rude, the manager was mean, etc. Left after 3 months.
    3. Sales assistant in Clarks - also rubbish, didn't like dealing with all the kids, left after 2 shifts lol.
    4. Support worker for adults with learning disabilities - it isn't everyone's cup of tea but i really like it, been there nearly 2 years now.

ReputationRep:
    1. Co-op, went from Checkout Assistant.
    2. Co-op, Customer Service Assistant.
    3. Co-op, Supervisor. 3 years in total
    4. Bristol Balloon Fiesta Event team member, one of only 10 that organise this huge even. 3 month contract.
    5. Student Ambassador at UWE, working with children explaining the different routes into HE, different subjects, and touring the campus. 10 months for the academic year.
    6. Archivist for Xerox in Lloyds TSB, 2 month contract.
    7. SW RSP Sector Skills Co-ordinator, placement for 5 months doing marketing and business stuff lol.
    8. Personnel and Admin Assistant for Police, recruitment for 600+ department, HR for the department, admin and business stuff again. 6/7 months contract.

ReputationRep:
    Just the one so far, Customer Service Assistant at Sainsbury's, 10 months and counting, has its moments but generally it's simple-ish and straight-forward keep queues down and customers satisfied and the store presentable so I'd give it 6/10... 98% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Cashier at Morrissons. that was ****. I really hated that one, didn't really click with the people I worked with and the customers were just something else! I was there for just under 3 months.
    Now I've got a summer job at Clarks, I much prefer this one, theres a variety of things that I get to do, the people I work with are really nice and although the customers can be annoying and/or rude thats not so bad when you're surrounded by the nice people that you work with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    5. Student Ambassador at UWE, working with children explaining the different routes into HE, different subjects, and touring the campus. 10 months for the academic year.
    how much does ur uni pay ambassadors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    how much does ur uni pay ambassadors?
    When I was there £7.87

ReputationRep:
    1. Sales Assistant in Home Bargains-think i lasted about 3 months (drove me to have a mental breakdown)
    2. Sales Assistant in Global Video-was there nearly 7 months (liked it but left to go to uni)
    3. Bar person/cloakroom attendant/customer services advisor at The Leadmill-longest time in a job, was there for nearly 2 years (liked it but the hours and pay weren't great and needed to concentrate on uni)
    4.Telebetting Advisor at William Hill-officially i was there for 8 months. Started in July 08 but went off sick in Feb 09, and then the *******s screwed me over and "processed me as a leaver" so now im jobless

ReputationRep:
    Worked as a checkout boy in sainsburys for a few months back in Oct 2007. Haven't had a job since

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.