Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When did you finish your course/exams and officially finished uni for the Summer this year?

Just trying to get a rough idea of when most people finish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    When did you finish your course/exams and officially finished uni for the Summer this year?

Just trying to get a rough idea of when most people finish
    About 3 o'clock.

ReputationRep:
    28th may...but I've finished uni for good

ReputationRep:
    last exam was may 21st, official finish was june..16th or something i think

I finished exams mid June but term officially ended on June 26th.

ReputationRep:
    My last exam finished at 5pm on June 11th so I came home on the 12th. I think all exams finished by the end of the following week and term officially ended on June 26th. Results were given out on July 9th.

ReputationRep:
    Official end of term was 3rd of july, but I finished two says after easter

ReputationRep:
    Last exam was the 5th of May, term ended around the 16th of June.

ReputationRep:
    So...Do you have to stay until the end of term, once you've done your exams? :redface: I'm just trying to get a rough idea as I'd like to go work abroad at the end of my first year but the online term dates says we don't finish until 5th July :confused: Although I know people at the same uni and they finished in like June this year?!

ReputationRep:
    I finished on June 1st and term 'ended' on July 5th. I left as soon as exams were over. Some unis seem to mind, mine didn't, luckily. Depends on the uni I guess.

ReputationRep:
    My last exam was the 26th of May, think the exam period officially finished around the 20th of June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    So...Do you have to stay until the end of term, once you've done your exams? :redface: I'm just trying to get a rough idea as I'd like to go work abroad at the end of my first year but the online term dates says we don't finish until 5th July :confused: Although I know people at the same uni and they finished in like June this year?!
    It depends on the university. I had friends at Nottingham and Durham who said they had to stay until the end of term, despite finishing their exams earlier, but friends at other universities who didn't. Lancaster don't mind - we left when we decided especially as you register for courses before the exams there and thus after the exam period term is just spent having fun.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't, because I went to college :mmm:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.