Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend me good earphones for my i-pod??
    Thanx

ReputationRep:
    I had these for about a year, before the left earphone suddenly lost connection about a week ago. Still, for the price, they're well worth it. Very comfy, and good sound quality I thought. Much better than the free ones Apple give you with the ipod!

Edit: they do come with these pointless foam cover things to go over the earbuds, but they're just not worth using; they fall off and are uncomfortable, and generally a bit pointless!

ReputationRep:
    I have these for my sony
    They go pretty far in though, so they take a bit to get used to.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    I have these and they are simply awesome.

ReputationRep:
    senheiser cx range are cheap on play and amazon at the moment, and are the best sound quality for the money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    Ouch!
    Fair play if you have that much to spend on earphones.

I have these the end caps are badly designed, lost them already, but sound wise, they are great. Slightly annoyed because they are cheaper online than in the shop lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Crystal.x)
    Ouch!
    Fair play if you have that much to spend on earphones.

I have these the end caps are badly designed, lost them already, but sound wise, they are great. Slightly annoyed because they are cheaper online than in the shop lol.
    Yeah they were a christmas present but definitely worth the money :yep:

ReputationRep:
    This

ReputationRep:
    I wear these headphones because my ears are too small for earphones. They last really well.

ReputationRep:
    Sennheiser CX300-II I would highly recommend.

ReputationRep:
    Sennheiser CX300s unless you can afford a set of Shures.

ReputationRep:
    I just use the ones you get with the iPod, there the only ones that fit my ears all the other ones are too big and fall out constantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    I had these for about a year, before the left earphone suddenly lost connection about a week ago. Still, for the price, they're well worth it. Very comfy, and good sound quality I thought. Much better than the free ones Apple give you with the ipod!

Edit: they do come with these pointless foam cover things to go over the earbuds, but they're just not worth using; they fall off and are uncomfortable, and generally a bit pointless!
    Out of interest, where is that in the picture of your sig? It looks amazing!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpingJonny)
    At that price the Etymotic ER6i or one of the higher end Denon offerings (for example C700) would be better value for money.

As for budget offerings, yes the CX300 offers very good value for money, although there is a lot of microphonic cable noise and the bass is too boomy. Just beware of fakes - only buy from reputable official dealers, like Amazon (not the marketplace, only Amazon) or Play.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the Goldring GX200s to the Sennheiser CX300s. CONTROVERSIAL.

Link.

ReputationRep:
    ipod earphones don't offer any bass at all. i use cheap sony ones and they are a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    The goldrings come with comply tips which are like earplugs, made of foam so you squeeze them, put them in your ear and they expand. It means you hear pretty much nothing of the outside world. Coupled with the fact that the sound quality is brilliant and the bass levels are awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielharris627)
    Out of interest, where is that in the picture of your sig? It looks amazing!:eek:
    Thanks, it's a panorama stitched together from several normal sized photos. It's the Prescelli Hills in Pembrokeshire, Wales Very pretty place if you ever get the chance to go there.

ReputationRep:
    These are £8 Creative Earphones awesome. Just check out the 300 reviews on the webpage if you dont believe me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Lab...8454371&sr=1-2

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.