Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB_struggling_survivor)
    Thing is is that you never really know what's gone wrong. apparently school too generous but i dont think that was the case. I got the highest mark and was told it would form part of the moderation sample.
    + we're the first year doing IB at our school...

Ito seems to think coursework can be remarked, which would be great cos i got 1% off level 6 HL in maths (62% for level 6 according to sevenoaks 09 boudaries). i cant get the exam remarked, the markscheme is too clear cut and objective. point is my coordinator has vanished and id'll like more input ASAP
    If you are just 1% off I would suggest remarking the math. In my school last year a few kids remarked science courses (group 4) and went up. The markscheme for science courses are just as clear cut as math.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by master135)
    If you are just 1% off I would suggest remarking the math. In my school last year a few kids remarked science courses (group 4) and went up. The markscheme for science courses are just as clear cut as math.
    Yeah I think I will.

Although I have time as deadline is 15 sept.

In fact i'll remark maths asap but it's just ive been told to wait for my englsih remark and told it would take 2/3 weeks, so way before alevels 20th august, (me getting into uni depends on their results as well lol)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the moderation system is very unfair if yours wasnt part of the sample sent in. I had a similar problem last year with physics. As far as I know nothing can be done for the IA in terms of remark..unless you redo the course. Are you sure your teacher didnt violate any IB rules (such as using old tasks not allowed from this year onwards) because there are heavy penalties (like 10 marks off)?
    Apparently our math teacher was just a teensy bit generous when giving our marks...But could that actually be possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmUIbA)
    I already got my results back, and they are disappointing. I got exactly the same marks as in the first place, which upsets me and makes me think they got a wrong ToK essay
    Wait; is there any other way of knowing other than the obvious increase/decrease on the results.ibo.org site and your IBC whether or not your request has been completed? I mean how did you know that you got exactly the same marks after an EoR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smileytwin)
    Apparently our math teacher was just a teensy bit generous when giving our marks...But could that actually be possible?
    Was everyone in your class moderated by the same amount? If they moderated just based on generousity...the marks would only go +/- 5 marks max and different for each 'band' of grades in the school. The big moderations usually are caused by other factors. Which portfolio tasks did you do....did your teacher make them him/herself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radam)
    Wait; is there any other way of knowing other than the obvious increase/decrease on the results.ibo.org site and your IBC whether or not your request has been completed? I mean how did you know that you got exactly the same marks after an EoR?
    My IBC emailed me :o:

ReputationRep:
    Was everyone in your class moderated by the same amount? If they moderated just based on generousity...the marks would only go +/- 5 marks max and different for each 'band' of grades in the school. The big moderations usually are caused by other factors. Which portfolio tasks did you do....did your teacher make them him/herself?
    Well basically yeah since our IBC told me that a lot of people were disappointed with their math IA grade...We did one on fractals (type 1 I think) and one on BMI. Our former teacher might have made the fractal one himself but I'm not totally sure, could that be the reason as to why they were so heavily moderated down and is there anything you can do about that?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am 0.775% off a 7 in history - this is after my history papers have been remarked. I need a 7 to fulfil my cambridge offer.(i have every other condition!)
    So i am desperate to get my Internal Assessment remarked, because I only need 1 mark! well actually 3/4 of a mark. And it got moderated down 4 marks in the first place, which i think was very unfair, cos i did like 100 drafts!
    If my school requests it, will it be possible to get the c/w remarked???
    Can anyone tell me? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I requested 2 remarks and today my ib coordinator forwarded me an email of the IB saying that I had gone up to a 7 in English however it doesnt mention anything about my other remark. Does that mean that I didnt improve?

PS: The email talks about "grade changes" so that's whats puzzling me...

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to ask for a remark?

ReputationRep:
    No you still can remark until early september, you should ask your IBC abt it.

ReputationRep:
    i've seen dates of sept 5 and sept 15 as the final deadline on the forums.

can someone confirm that it is sept 15?

lol because my IBC's disappeared and I need to make sure I can nail him about it when school starts

ReputationRep:
    davidsmith/EmUIbA: How long did your remarks to come back? I requested one on the 13th July and havent heard anything back yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theweester)
    i've seen dates of sept 5 and sept 15 as the final deadline on the forums.

can someone confirm that it is sept 15?

lol because my IBC's disappeared and I need to make sure I can nail him about it when school starts
    It is sept 15th

ReputationRep:
    Help! I desperately need a retake but I mixed up the retake and remark dates Does anybody know a way around this [other than re-taking in 2010] ? I called the IBO in Geneva and a [confused-sounding] lady kept telling me that I might want to try check with another school if they'd still accept me for a retake - is this true?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I sent offf my remarks for my EE and an English paper, but I don't know when they're likely to come back - if it's after August 20th ish then that's a blow because it means I can't inform my uni of the improvememnt before they make a final decision.

I was predicted 39 and got a 34 btw. Didn't help we got sent the wrong maths paper and were forced to sit it :mad:

Anyone know when there likely back? If the deadline is september then I don't hold out much hope- but it'd be nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Admiral Skippy)
    I sent offf my remarks for my EE and an English paper, but I don't know when they're likely to come back - if it's after August 20th ish then that's a blow because it means I can't inform my uni of the improvememnt before they make a final decision.
    As long as you meet your offer before August 31st the university is obliged to take you. I read this on UCAS track (it should be in the decision letter, which I cannot access right now).

It took exactly two weeks for me to get a decision on my remark.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah problem is Aliquantus I haven't quite met the offer. The fact the IB screwed up has helped as has my reference and personal statement and a letter from my school- and I emailed the head of admissions for my subject and the dept head- so I'm "high on the reserve list"- but the remark could help alot too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi*Chi)
    Help! I desperately need a retake but I mixed up the retake and remark dates Does anybody know a way around this [other than re-taking in 2010] ? I called the IBO in Geneva and a [confused-sounding] lady kept telling me that I might want to try check with another school if they'd still accept me for a retake - is this true?

Thanks in advance!
    If you missed the dates there may be a late fee if you are really lucky, but ib likes to keep to its deadlines so better luck next year I guess. Btw, you may have to redo IA's as the requirements are no longer the same.

ReputationRep:
    I know this sounds epic..but i got 68.8 marks after the remark for biology HL and before i had 67.8... 70 is needed for a level 6.

And do they round up if it's 68.8?
    Thanks!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.