Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    or should i only remark the EE, because that only requires an improvement of 1 point to get to a C; B and C equate to 2 additional points right?

it also should be easier to improve by 1 when the mark is lower right?

are remarks generally beneficial? do you think i'll get it?

ReputationRep:
    Also, do they remark to help us? Or is it totally an objective remark that could go either way.

Do marks generally improve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theweester)
    or should i only remark the EE, because that only requires an improvement of 1 point to get to a C; B and C equate to 2 additional points right?

it also should be easier to improve by 1 when the mark is lower right?

are remarks generally beneficial? do you think i'll get it?
    As I said before - BC only equals 1 point as does BD. So remarking TOK would be wiser - unless you want to take your chance with both.

No they dont remark to help you...they remark to give you what you deserve. A senior examiner remarks.. so your mark is more accurate

ReputationRep:
    should i remark my math hl?

it turns out i need a total of 12 marks in p1, p2, and p3 to get my grade up to the next level.

is it worth trying? as it is math..

also, if my final grade is 74.5, will it be rounded up to 75 and treated as a 7? or does it have to be 75.0+?

ReputationRep:
    nope your final percentage will NOT be rounded up so yeh if the boundary is 75% for a 7 you need at least 75% for a 7

ReputationRep:
    so remarking the math is a no then?

or should i take the chance and hope for a good result?
    (you miss all the shots you don't take?)

ReputationRep:
    Rounding does not occur. Remark if you want to- it may help or just be a waste of the money you pay.

ReputationRep:
    lol but based on your experience/perspective, is it worth getting MATH remarked.

12 marks is probably hard to get, esp in maths, but perhaps i could get lucky, or was marked down in the original?

i kind of want to try it, but the remark fee is quite a bit to pay and i'm remarking some other stuff as well, so i'm just asking around. =p

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.