Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mods feel free to move or delete if its inappropriate.

But just a query to the ladies - have any of you experience bad itching down below or on your bottom from sanitary pads? I use to use a brand that use to bring me out in bad red nasty rashes - so I changed to a different brand. And only recently I have begun itching again, red sore patch. I would use tampons, but I don't get on with them so I just put up with the pads. Im now beginning to think perhaps I am allergic to something that is used in the pads? . . .

Anyone experienced anything similar? . .

ReputationRep:
    Are you using scented ones, try switching to unscented?

ReputationRep:
    Duct tape - solves all your problems.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you are allergic to synthetic pads.

I would get some washable organic cotton pads from a website, they will not cause irritation.

ReputationRep:
    no not really....but you don't "get on" with tampons? what they steal the tv remote all the time? hog the bed covers? damn tampons.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    are you sure you're not just leaving them on too long? a bit like how babies get nappy rash because they wear their nappies for a long time and the friction creates the rash?

(Original post by twizzle)
    no not really....but you don't "get on" with tampons? what they steal the tv remote all the time? hog the bed covers? damn tampons.:rolleyes:
    I don't get on with them either... they get stuck when I try to get them out

ReputationRep:
    Try going for unscented ones, as somebody's said. The cheaper brands tend to be unscented, I think. If that doesn't help maybe try again with tampns or possibly a mooncup (there's a wiki on them somewhere)...though that might not work if you have difficulty with tampons.

ReputationRep:
    either you buy the super big ones which can be painful to get out anyway or the string goes missing, i always thought tampons were pretty easy to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hannah)
    Try going for unscented ones, as somebody's said. The cheaper brands tend to be unscented, I think. If that doesn't help maybe try again with tampns or possibly a mooncup (there's a wiki on them somewhere)...though that might not work if you have difficulty with tampons.
    Those are seriously lifesavers. It's a bit tricky to learn to use them at first but it's well worth it and you won't have to worry about allergy either because they are made of silicon.

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Are you using scented ones, try switching to unscented?
    I was using unscented one's before and I still itched badly - the one's I am using now are lightly scented and have never had an issue with them until today!

(Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    It seems like you are allergic to synthetic pads.

I would get some washable organic cotton pads from a website, they will not cause irritation.
    I will have a search for them and see if those stop the itching - thanks.

I don't get on with them meaning - I do not like them and I just find them uncomfortable (and yes I do put them in the right hole).

(Original post by elziebelzie)
    are you sure you're not just leaving them on too long? a bit like how babies get nappy rash because they wear their nappies for a long time and the friction creates the rash?
    I change every few hours (if I am having a heavy bleed). When im at the end, I change about 2/3times a day.

either you buy the super big ones which can be painful to get out anyway or the string goes missing, i always thought tampons were pretty easy to use.
    No I have purchased the correct one's that fit inside my muff properly - not the super large bullets! :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.