Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I Want My Results And I Want Them Now!!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    i know that i am not the only one who has to wait still BUT the thought of results day really is getting to me. I am not sleeping well and when i do, i have nightmares/dreams about my results. Every day i sit thinking about results and even when i try and go out with friends all they seem to want to talk about is results day =/
    I still don´t see why it takes so long. Surely if they just decided the grade boundaries beforehand then the whole process wouldnt take as long! Plus the fact, results day is later this year which annoys me!
    I am also still on the fence about some of my as subjects and could really do with my results and i only have a week between results day and school starting again.
    Sorry for ranting, i know i cant change my results now and i do feel as though i worked hard enough but i am the type of person that always feels as though they could have done more.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! I think a few of us are getting impatient now. I know it's difficult but just try and keep your mind occupied with other things. I dion't know why you and your mates talk about results day though, as soon as someone brings it up I change the subject! Also it's only GCSE and even though they're important it's more so for us A level students!

ReputationRep:
    Fraid were going to have to sit it out and you might be attracted to this website http://tinyurl.com/nswa62

ReputationRep:
    Damn You Time Space Continuum

ReputationRep:
    Eh? Are you waiting for GCSE or AS Levels?

Anyway, be careful what you wish for - if they decided grade boundaries beforehand, it would be really worrying. It's worth the wait, seriously. Do you really want the examiners rushing through your papers and not being careful about it? Didn't think so!

ReputationRep:
    Now, now, I want doesn't get :p:

I feel sorry for the markers. They have to get through god knows how many papers each day to stick to the deadline and make sure you have your results before mid September or something even more rediculous. Must be incredibly boring/ annoying work

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell you're doing GCSEs
    chill the **** out, you nervous wreck.
    not GTFO

ReputationRep:
    I know, each of my teachers marked our mocks over the weekend, I think they should just hire more invigilators so each would only have about 30 to mark

ReputationRep:
    You got 10 A*, 1 C and 1U.

Happy now?

Spoiler:
    Show
    This is not real. I was just trying to shut OP up...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Oh get over it, we all had to go through the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting REALLY pissed off.
    Two and a bit months?
    Stupid...

Not nervous btw, just bored

ReputationRep:
    I keep dreaming that I get my results but that some of my subjects are missing.
    I want them but I don't, I'd like to know but when you do know summer's nearly over
    I'm going leeds festival day after I get mine, hopefully I won't be all sad xD

ReputationRep:
    You will have the huge build up, get your results and be or ... then your life will go on.

GCSE's are a small blip of your life - don't get too nervous.

The night before is when you should be nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Get over it - you will be getting "results" many a time in your life. If you let it get to you every single time...

ReputationRep:
    I've completely forgotten about them tbh. Thanks for reminding me - renewed horror at the realisation that there's only a bit of july and all of august left...

ReputationRep:
    I have nightmares about my GCSE results too *shudders*
    Two nights ago it was a vivid dream where I opened the envelope and under English it said B. Under Maths it said D.
    I almost died. In my sleep, that is.

I cannot bear the suspense!

ReputationRep:
    I have nightmares where I get my perfect set of results, I dance around in excitement, then my teachers shout gotcha and give me my 'real' results, all of which are about 3 grades below what I want

ReputationRep:
    Basically, you've done your best, there is very very very little that you can actually do to influence your results right now so just wait until they come around.

Just be patient, they will come to you.

ReputationRep:
    i felt good in the exams and already had 4 of the 5 a-c grades needed, anyone else feel good or bad about the tests?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really nervous too. But i'm trying to forget about them because i'd rather enjoy my summer rather than turn into a nervous wreck. Trust me. Push them to the back of your mind or else at the end of summer you'll be like "oh **** where the hell did my summer go!!"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.