Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever been squished on the Tube? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever been squished on the Tube
    Yep
    71.43%
    No
    28.57%

ReputationRep:
    1. For those of you who have travelled on London Underground - have you ever been squished?

2. Do you reckon this is most common on the Central/Picadilly Lines between 07:00 and 09:00?

3. What do you think of the expansion in width of the Vittoria Line?

4. Also, have you noticed there are hardly any, well, 'fat' people who travel on the tube? Do you think they use buses instead? Or cars? Or do you think Londoners are just generally leaner than people from other parts of Al-UK?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I loved being squished on it when I was there. It wasn't terribly bad. After a few journeys I realised it's a bit less crowded if you walk to the end of the platforms because most people congregated around the entrance to the platform.

I don't like how hot they get though. It's a lot better in winter. I don't like having a bag on it either, it just gets in the way when trying to squeeze past people.

Overall though, I prefer the friendly Newcastle Metro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    4. Also, have you noticed there are hardly any, well, 'fat' people who travel on the tube? Do you think they use buses instead? Or cars? Or do you think Londoners are just generally leaner than people from other parts of Al-UK?

squish.
    surely you mean curvy people. Fat people are no longer far, they're curvy

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.