Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this a joke?! watch

NO, BUT YOU ARE :hahaha:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry, i feel compelled to reply stupidly to anything that can be twisted in any way :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Could mutate though!
    But yeah...SARS was a much worse threat
    And look at whhat happened there, oh and Bird flu. The only thing you lot should be worried about is AIDS. That can kill you.

ReputationRep:
    That's strange because Health Minister Edwina Hart has said that Wales will not be part of the National Pandemic Flu Service (NPFS) when it is launched in England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8156913.stm

ReputationRep:
    Could mutate though!
    SARS had something like a 9% chance of death, if u caught it in the first place. None of these diseases come even close to the spanish flu of 1918. That killed more people than WW1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercoolfred)
    SARS had something like a 9% chance of death, if u caught it in the first place. None of these diseases come even close to the spanish flu of 1918. That killed more people than WW1.
    I thought Spanish flu was confirmed as Bird flu?

ReputationRep:
    Could mutate though!

lol exactly, and last year it was bird flu was gonna kill us all, next year it'll probably be horse flu or dog slobber thats going to kill us all.

******* scaremongers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieloula)
    No, it would be verified. They mean if the NHS officially tells an employee something.
    Sorry, i misunderstood. I work for the NHS, and when swine flu initially broke out and we were receiving the first few cases (at a time when there was fear of its unknown nature) a certain national newspaper persistently rang up pretending to be health officials. They wanted the estimated number of suspected cases, and we obviously weren't allowed to tell them. If they'd have got hold of the information, the situation would most likely have been blown out of proportion. Unnecessary hassle for the government. So i suppose in some situations its justified.

But i appreciate what you say about being able to do it with a variety of issues, not necessarily swine flu. But i think it could apply to the whole governmental structure; there's tons of information not released to the public. If we knew about all the military problems in the world, we'd sh-t ourselves. As someone said earlier, ignorance is, occassionally, bliss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruggers)
    Sorry, i misunderstood. I work for the NHS, and when swine flu initially broke out and we were receiving the first few cases (at a time when there was fear of its unknown nature) a certain national newspaper persistently rang up pretending to be health officials. They wanted the estimated number of suspected cases, and we obviously weren't allowed to tell them. If they'd have got hold of the information, the situation would most likely have been blown out of proportion. Unnecessary hassle for the government. So i suppose in some situations its justified.

But i appreciate what you say about being able to do it with a variety of issues, not necessarily swine flu. But i think it could apply to the whole governmental structure; there's tons of information not released to the public. If we knew about all the military problems in the world, we'd sh-t ourselves. As someone said earlier, ignorance is, occassionally, bliss
    I suppose it is for the irrational among us, it's just I, personally would prefer to know all there is to know about something! I don't panic easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    That's strange because Health Minister Edwina Hart has said that Wales will not be part of the National Pandemic Flu Service (NPFS) when it is launched in England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8156913.stm
    Weird. They definitely are going to be, I know this person personally so it's not a word of mouth kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're reading too much into it OP. I assume it means if they did find out a virus was gonna kill a lot of people (big if right now), then they would not be allowed to tell anyone. However, that doesn't mean the government aren't going to tell people. They just don't want people spreading panic.

ReputationRep:
    swine flu is fake :P it doesnt exist and the news did this so that we can change the subject of the economic depression

(Original post by FAILINGKID)
    swine flu is fake :P it doesnt exist and the news did this so that we can change the subject of the economic depression
    :nothing:

the best thing would be to ask your friend how they applied for the call centre job :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    lol exactly, and last year it was bird flu was gonna kill us all, next year it'll probably be horse flu or dog slobber thats going to kill us all.

******* scaremongers
    LOL...the world is obsessed with the end of the world =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    :nothing:
    o.O

ReputationRep:
    WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! NOOO! :woo:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.