Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

(Not related to the post above.)

Just something to throw out there. Of course the system is not perfect. Most of the problems, from what I understand, seem to come from the government sponsored aspects of it and the government regulation of insurance companies. There doesn't appear to be much competition or free market aspects regarding these insurance companies meaning people are getting f***ed over because they have no choice.

I've also heard many doctors are also refusing to take Medicaid cards simply because they have to wait years to get paid for it. This means practices are not getting enough money and have to shut down.

It boggles my mind why people outside of America think America should have universal health care when their government is so incompetent. It f***ed up the Iraq war, social security, their school system, cannot keep their national debt under control and is now headed by a typical tax and spend Democrat who will only plunge them further into debt.

And by the way, and this is related to the above post, America has better cancer survival rates than us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Obviously I'm not talking about hair transplants or breast implants, I'm talking about cancer treatments. I'm interested though, can I see these polls?
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/102934/ma...ealthcare.aspx

The US has the highest cancer survival rates in the world, UK has one of the lowest cancer survival rates in the industrialized world. My insurance plan has a high deductible, but I'd rather be stuck with a few bills than be dead.

ReputationRep:
    Obama has dropped to a record low 54% on gallup.

Meanwhile the Republicans are tied in polls with the dems in the generic vote 2010, which is astounding considering they were declared unelectable for 20 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Obama has dropped to a record low 54% on gallup.
    And that's one of the more optimistic polls. Rasmussen has a recent poll showing him at 48%.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.