Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure brunettes all over the boards are wrought with depression as they don't stand a chance with somebody as great as you.

That was sarcasm, btw. Nobody really gives a ****.

(Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I don't see why not. Maybe he's afraid of getting negged so he chose to hide his TSR identity? :dontknow:
    Prrecisely this. :yes:

At least this way my rep remains intact. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused as to why blonde give off the image of being 'tarty'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Sorry champ but brunettes really float my boat.
    I'm with you on this one.

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    See, doing it again! There is more to a girl than her hair colour and sexual appeal! :mad:
    Let's be honest, it's all about the sex appeal.

ReputationRep:
    Hair colour really doesn't matter that much, but if I had to choose my favourite it'd definitely be brunette - I don't know what it is I just love brunette hair and think it complements beautiful faces better than blonde does. Obviously some faces really suit blonde hair but from my experience I just prefer brunettes!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I probably prefer brunettes. But each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    Brunettes:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Ahem....

(Original post by rajandkwameali)
    OP, :confused: what is your point?

OK, you don't find brown hair attractive.

So? This is just an opinion like any other. :confused:
    I'm trying to confirm whether other people out there agree with my girlfriend in that blonde hair can look tarty and cheap and how this stereotype came about.

Also are blonde girls mainly attractive to dark men and vice versa? Many of my African and Indian friends seem to prefer blondes over their Asian counterparts, presumably because they are bored of the familiar Asian look, but then my white male friends tend to find tanned brunette Mediterrenean types much more alluring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I don't see why not. Maybe he's afraid of getting negged so he chose to hide his TSR identity? :dontknow:
    He's afraid we're not blonde enough to get his stupid opinion and got too scared of negs :mmm:

Dang, I should anon myself too. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    True but I was referring to stereotypes in that if you see a blonde girl in a nightclub you tend to assume she is more up for it than a brunette...
    Oh no! I'm so bummed. ):

But really, OP. Hair color? Really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a guy and forgive me if I'm wrong but I just think brunette hair is BORING. The reason I say this is because I asked my girlfriend to dye her hair to blonde and she said she would never in a million years, because it looks cheap, tarty and unprofessional. Strangely enough I asked my guys mates and the majority agreed with my girlfriend. Most of them agreed a blonde is attractive in a ****gish/tarty way but a brunette is attractive in a mysterious/sexy way. Do you agree?

If hair colour is THAT important to you then why didn't you just date a blonde in the first place?

It's her hair, and it's her choice....also dyed blonde hair looks pretty rubbish in most cases unless the girl has light brown hair IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I've been blonde and brunette (and black, and purple and red!)
    ..it doesn't really matter...
    but your entitled to your opinion, so if you don't find brunettes attractive thats fine, who cares.

(Original post by Cultivated)
    He's afraid we're not blonde enough to get his stupid opinion and got too scared of negs :mmm:

Stupid opinion? Why? Because your brunette and Asian? That's a little inflammatory don't you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Judging a girl on her hair colour...

...I pity you :no:
    Yay. You again. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Having a personal preference, such as blonde girls, is fine. Everyone has different tastes. But expecting them to therefore be a certain way or have a certain personality/character, is not. That is stereotyping where it definitly isn't warranted.

(Original post by amandacalifornia)
    Oh no! I'm so bummed. ):

But really, OP. Hair color? Really?
    Why are you bummed? You're looking very brunette in your picture...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cultivated)

You should've :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    blondes are stupid

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.