Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Stupid opinion? Why? Because your brunette and Asian? That's a little inflammatory don't you think.
    I don't care about you preferring blondes tbh, I merely thought it was a stupid and rather ****** up opinion regarding "omgz, my girlfriend should dye her hair blond because it's so much hotter than brown".

It's your girlfriend, not your mates'. If you don't find her attractive with her hair, gtfo.

And no, I'm not brunette nor Asian.

Oh wait, I am :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    How many times -

Hair colour is irrelevant, if a person looks 'tarty' its because they are acting or dressing like it, not really because of hair colour. I like all hair colours and different ones suit different people. I have blonde hair and I wouldn't say my hair looks '****gish,' ridiculous tbh.
    I do agree with what you mean about the way you dress dictating if you look tarty or not ... But I gotta say I've dated blondes (a lot) but I do love brunettes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkspiders)
    Yay. You again. :woo:
    You quoted me again :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    I do agree with what you mean about the way you dress dictating if you look tarty or not ... But I gotta say I've dated blondes (a lot) but I do love brunettes!
    Each to their own I personally prefer dark haired guys over light haired guys by far!

(Original post by Cultivated)
    I don't care about you preferring blondes tbh, I merely thought it was a stupid and rather ****** up opinion regarding "omgz, my girlfriend should dye her hair blond because it's so much hotter than brown".

It's your girlfriend, not your mates'. If you don't find her attractive with her hair, gtfo.

And no, I'm not brunette nor Asian.

Oh wait, I am :awesome:
    If you're going to quote me at least quote what I actually said.:rolleyes:

I did not say anything of the sort. I suggested to my girlfriend that she should dye her hair blonde NOT because I dislike her the way she is but she is so very attractive I thought blonde hair would bring out her features even better than they look now

She disagreed, end of.

I made this post to explore whether other people agree with my girlfriend/friends regarding the stereotypes propogated towards blonde women or not.

So calm yourself down, this is a discussion not a ***** fight.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you bummed? You're looking very brunette in your picture...
    ... Um, I am brunette.

"I merely prefer blonde hair as a matter of personal taste and because, yes, blonde girls seem more naughty and sexual than brunettes."

I'm devastated. ):

ReputationRep:
    Words used to describe hair colour are increasingly being used as a description of personality, rather than the physical colour of a person's hair. This reflects that hair colour is very meaningless.

By the way, I love brunettes and girls with dark hair. :-)

(Original post by amandacalifornia)
    ... Um, I am brunette.

"I merely prefer blonde hair as a matter of personal taste and because, yes, blonde girls seem more naughty and sexual than brunettes."

I'm devastated. ):
    Ok, ok I get the sarcasm..

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and forgive me if I'm wrong but I just think brunette hair is BORING. The reason I say this is because I asked my girlfriend to dye her hair to blonde and she said she would never in a million years, because it looks cheap, tarty and unprofessional. Strangely enough I asked my guys mates and the majority agreed with my girlfriend. Most of them agreed a blonde is attractive in a ****gish/tarty way but a brunette is attractive in a mysterious/sexy way. Do you agree?
    I agree with your friends and girlfriend, OP. Not all blonde hair looks cheap and tarty, of course, but when on a certain type of girl, cut and styled in a certain way, it looks more 'cheap and tarty' than brunette hair ever could, in my opinion. :yep:

Also, brunettes are definitely more sexy in a mysterious way. They're usually more intelligent, too. My own hair colour, of course, has no bearing at all on any of this. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Each to their own I personally prefer dark haired guys over light haired guys by far!
    Indeed, each to their own ... But if you like dark haired guys ...

"Well hello Jinxy, pleased to meet you!" :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to quote me at least quote what I actually said.:rolleyes:

I did not say anything of the sort. I suggested to my girlfriend that she should dye her hair blonde NOT because I dislike her the way she is but she is so very attractive I thought blonde hair would bring out her features even better than they look now

She disagreed, end of.

I made this post to explore whether other people agree with my girlfriend/friends regarding the stereotypes propogated towards blonde women or not.

So calm yourself down, this is a discussion not a ***** fight.
    :sigh:
    It takes two *****es to get into a ***** fight.
    Unless you're fighting with yourself, that is.

:suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    You quoted me again :love:
    Because you're so lovely.
    Can't help it :p:

Ok, now you're just boring me...

:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    Indeed, each to their own ... But if you like dark haired guys ...

"Well hello Jinxy, pleased to meet you!" :p:
    :waves:
    Sorry i'm blonde though.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, now you're just boring me...

:yawn:
    Oh stop it, baby .. We were just about to have some hot rawr sex.
    I'll even dye my hair platinum blonde! Just for you. :sad:

ReputationRep:

:rofl: Totally owned.

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    :rofl: Totally owned.
    That's got nothing to do with anything. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    That's got nothing to do with anything. :nothing:
    I don't really see your point.

EDIT: Oh hang on, you're anon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkspiders)
    Because you're so lovely.
    Can't help it :p:
    Well, I'm speechless :blush: You're lovely too! :love:

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    I don't really see your point.

EDIT: Oh hang on, you're anon?
    No, but how has that possibly related? :nothing:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.