Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Love first sight..... Watch

• View Poll Results: do you believe in Love first sight.....
    All the way(yes)(girl)
    3.70%
    ah no(girl)
    37.04%
    All the way(yes)(boy)
    7.41%
    ah no(boy)
    51.85%

ReputationRep:
    Just talked to the gf, and she asked me what I thought about her when we first met. She looked good that was about it, not exactly the answer she was looking for, but hey that's women right. Anyway, just got me thinking, do any of you boys and girls believe in love first sight or even better experienced it........ I'm a bit cynical so don't really believe in that kind of stuff, but hey I could be wrong:rolleyes:

(might add a poll to this)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, add a poll :yep:

I don't believe in love at first sight. If I did, I think I would have loved WAY too many girls to count :p:

ReputationRep:
    Im undecided on the fact, i think love takes time to mature and be more deep and meaningful, i think there can be an instant attraction but not so much an instant love.

ReputationRep:
    no it does not exist.

ReputationRep:
    When I first saw my current BF i was like 'OH MY GOD IM IN LOVE' because seriously, he was god dam fine. But obviuosly I wasn't like deeply in love and besotted with him, because that would just be silly. He tugged at my heart strings, yeah, because I thought he LOOKED amazing. In my opinion, you can only be in love with someone if you know them inside out and enjoy everything about them, fault n all. You cannot possibly learn this stuff from the first glance, unless 1.ur psychic or 2.u met in a passed life lol

So, No i do not believe in love at 1st sight.

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, there goes my sexy time.......

ReputationRep:
    No, it's only lust at first sight. You know nothing about them or thier personality when you first see them so it's impossible.

ReputationRep:
    More like "desperate at first sight".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    More like "desperate at first sight".
    Harsh, but true, especially if you're making a TSR thread about it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    No... because then it's inflation isn't it... you don't know their personality, the part of them you'll need to know before love can happen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    you don't know their personality, the part of them you'll need to know before love can happen...
    Precisely. Imagine:

Disarming smile
    Charming manners
    Attractive looks
    Reads Twilight - deal breaker

Good looking
    Very funny
    Witty conversationalist
    Robs graves at night - deal breaker (unless you're into that sort of thing)

Etc.

ReputationRep:
    No no no, 100% no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Precisely. Imagine:

Disarming smile
    Charming manners
    Attractive looks
    Reads Twilight - deal breaker

Good looking
    Very funny
    Witty conversationalist
    Robs graves at night - deal breaker (unless you're into that sort of thing)

Etc.
    ??? doesn't deal breaker mean it works out- like that's it, a deal?

ReputationRep:
    definitely not- the very idea is nonsensical :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    ??? doesn't deal breaker mean it works out- like that's it, a deal?
    Sorry, but I haven't a clue what you're saying.

ReputationRep:
    all the way!!!

by the way, i'm lovin' the poll options! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    love at first sight isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    I believe its more lust than love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_90)
    I believe its more lust than love.
    actually this is more often the case. but...sometimes when you look at a girl's face for the first time (along with maybe hearing her voice), you get a pretty decent estimation of what kind of girl she is and of what kind of personality she has....and you're just naturally pulled in, and the feeling's closer to love than lust!!! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappySadHappy)
    When I first saw my current BF i was like 'OH MY GOD IM IN LOVE' because seriously, he was god dam fine. But obviuosly I wasn't like deeply in love and besotted with him, because that would just be silly. He tugged at my heart strings, yeah, because I thought he LOOKED amazing. In my opinion, you can only be in love with someone if you know them inside out and enjoy everything about them, fault n all. You cannot possibly learn this stuff from the first glance, unless 1.ur psychic or 2.u met in a passed life lol

So, No i do not believe in love at 1st sight.
    I've experienced that - seeing someone and going OH MY GOD but i agree - i don't think it's love, because it's just the outside that you know from that glance. Certainly my heart just stopped and kind of went THUD and i stopped breathing. A bit O_o for me, the cynic, but hey...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.