Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into?
    Gryffindor
    16.22%
    Hufflepuff
    16.89%
    Ravenclaw
    44.59%
    Slytherin
    22.30%

ReputationRep:
    Not which one you would like to be sorted into, but which one you think you would be sorted into, due to your beliefs/merits.

Gryffindor values courage, bravery, daring, nerve and chivalry. Its mascot is the lion, and its colours are red and gold. According to Rowling, Gryffindor corresponds roughly to the element of fire.

Hufflepuff values hard work, loyalty, tolerance, and fair play. According to Rowling, Hufflepuff corresponds roughly to the element of earth.

Ravenclaw values intelligence, learning, and wit. The house mascot is an eagle, and the house colours are blue and bronze (changed to blue and silver in the films). According to Rowling, Ravenclaw corresponds roughly to the element of air.

Slytherin house values ambition, cunning, and resourcefulness. The house mascot of Slytherin is the serpent, and the house colours are green and silver. According to Rowling, Slytherin corresponds roughly to the element of water. That Slytherin is an "evil" house is a common misconception.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone wants to be gryffindor don't they, but I think I'd more likely be ravenclaw tbh

ReputationRep:
    Definitely either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. I'm unsure which.

ReputationRep:
    Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw I think!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd be in Ravenclaw

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think a lot of people on here will say Ravenclaw, when realistically it would be Hufflepuff.

Hard work generally trumps intelligence in getting good grades.

ReputationRep:
    When there was some kind of Harry Potter thread in the TSR 'Back Room' I got sorted into Slytherin. That'll do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go ahead and say Slytherin here. Interesting how no one's gone for Gryffindor.

ReputationRep:
    Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Gryffindor has requirements that are actually difficult to meet in normal life.

"courage, bravery, daring, nerve and chivalry"

I can understand that taking down some dragons might get you into Gryffindor but come on, what could the IRL equivalent be? Taking down a customer service assistant that won't return it cause you lost the receipt?

ReputationRep:
    Ravenclaw, definitely. Intelligence and learning are extremely important to me. Slytherin would be second.
    I'm too careful to be a Gryffindor, and not hard-working enough for Hufflepuff at all.

Edit: A detailed quiz gave me Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor a close second.

ReputationRep:
    Slytherin, damn right.

ReputationRep:
    Slytherin.
    Yea, they call me Tom =\

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Slytherins colours would go with my skin tone
    Then again so would Ravenclaw but I'll stick with Gryffindor since its easy to jump into bed with Rupert Grint :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Either Gryffindor or Slytherin.

ReputationRep:
    I would WANT to be in Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

But I CLEARLY fit in Ravenclaw.

ReputationRep:
    According to an internet quiz I'd be Slytherin, works for me.

ReputationRep:
    Definately Ravenclaw.

I voted Gryffindor before reading the OP but it really should be Hufflepuff or Slytherin

ReputationRep:
    i'm fairly laid back and kind etc so i was thinking maybe hufflepuff? but i'm also good at sports though and relatively daring and stuff so that would fall into gryffindor? i'm relatively bright but i don't think im clever enough for ravenclaw, and slytherin just doesn't fit me tbh. i'm probably thinking about this too hard..

ReputationRep:
    I'm ginger, so judging by the weasly's I'd have to be Gryffindor

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.