Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Couple have split up and only one of them can come to my party watch

Right, keeping anonymous to protect identities of those involved.

I am friends with a couple that have just split up. I was really close friends with one originally and I only met the other when they started going out, but they were together over two years so became pretty good friends with the other as well.

They split very unamicably personally I feel the person I was friends with longer is in the wrong (although I would never say that....)

I'm having a party this week and both of them want to go...assuming the other one isn't there. What should I do?? I want to be diplomatic about it and I don't want to choose between my friends

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well if they cant respect that you are friends with both of them and so you would like both there, you should invite neither of them. They cannot expect you to chose between them just because they have fallen out. They should respect the difficult situation they would be putting you in if they did this Dont worry coz things always work out..in the end

ReputationRep:
    It's my party and i'll cry if i want to.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why you should have to choose between them, invite them both and let them decide what to do. They're not children and should be able to sort this sort of thing out for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them they're both invited, you're not choosing between the two and you'd appreciate it they could just stay out of each others way and put their differences aside for this one evening.

ReputationRep:
    Hold two parties simultaneously, rushing between the two constantly so nobody realises something's up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Hold two parties simultaneously, rushing between the two constantly so nobody realises something's up
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Friends style...

ReputationRep:
    Pick the one who gives the nicest present :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Invite them both and tell them that the other person hasn't been invited. That will go down a treat.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them both to come and just act mature? Jeez this happens so much, really they don't need to talk, but being in the vicinity shouldn't be an issuee!!

ReputationRep:
    Tho if they do fight then at least there is an amusement sideshow for your party.
    Remember to shout "fight!,fight" and form a circle..

ReputationRep:
    this is the kind of thing you'd worry about if you were 7 years old, no offence.
    probably inviting neither would be easiest?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.